DUBLIN, Apr. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Protective Coatings Market By Resin Type (Acrylic, Epoxy, Polyurethane, Alkyd), Product (Water-borne, Powder-based), End-Use (Construction, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Industrial, Marine, Automotive, Power Generation), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global protective coatings market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for anti-corrosion, thermal resistant, and durable coating formulations in the aerospace and oil & gas industries.
The rising demand from key end-use segments such as oil & gas, aerospace, construction, and industrial owing to its superior properties over its counterparts is expected to propel the industry demand over the forecast period. The growing application scope of protective coatings in the aforementioned segments can be attributed to the growing need for low-VOC coating solutions, which offer resistance to wear & tear, high temperatures, and corrosion, while ensuring low maintenance costs.
Construction dominated the industry, globally, in 2015. The growing infrastructure development in emerging countries such as India, China, Brazil, and Russia is expected to drive demand for the product in the construction end-use industry over the projected period.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Globally, epoxy and alkyd product segments are slated to witness significant growth in terms of volume during the forecast period, growing at a CAGR of over 10% during the forecast period. This is mainly attributed to low VOC content, efficiency, and favorable government policies, along with the rising demand from key end-use verticals such as construction and aerospace.
- Asia Pacific dominated the market for protective coatings in 2015, with revenue of over USD 18 billion; and is estimated to grow significantly over the coming years owing to the rising demand from high-growth end-use segments such as construction, aerospace, and automotive.
- Furthermore, the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow the highest in terms of revenue during the forecast period, slated to grow at a CAGR of over 9%. The region is dominated primarily by China, which is likely to witness growth at a CAGR of nearly 10% during the forecast period. However, rapid infrastructure expansion in India and Indonesia is likely to drive growth over the forecast period.
- Key participants in the industry include AkzoNobel NV, PPG Industries, The Sherwin-Williams Co., and Arkema SA, among others. In recent years, key players have turned towards capacity expansion and new product developments to strengthen their positions in the industry globally.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Methodology and Scope
2. Executive Summary
3. Protective Coatings Industry Outlook
4. Protective Coatings Resin Type Outlook
5. Protective Coatings Product Outlook
6. Protective Coatings End-Use Outlook
7. Protective Coatings Regional Outlook
8. Competitive Landscape
- AkzoNobel NV
- PPG Industries
- The Sherwin-Williams Co.
- Arkema SA
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Sika AG
- RPM International Inc.
- The Valspar Corporation
- Axalta Coating Systems
- Hempel A/S
- FEIDAL Coatings
- Novatic - The Coatings Group
- Corbion NV
- Berger Paints
- Jotun A/S
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zkc6qm/protective
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-protective-coatings-market-2014-2017--2025-by-resin-type-product-end-use-and-segment-forecasts---research-and-markets-300441170.html
SOURCE Research and Markets