LONDON, Sept. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The Global Savory Snacks market in 2015 was valued at US$94.5 billion and is expected to post a value CAGR of 7.9% and per capita value CAGR of 7.1% during 2015-2020. Growth in the global market is expected to come mainly from the developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region followed by the East European regions, while countries in the Latin American region are expected to register marginal growth. Booming population in Asia-Pacific regions coupled with healthy economic outlook presents a significant opportunity for growth of Savory Snacks market. In developed markets (such as the US, the UK and France), novelty is crucial and consumers look for exotic and different flavors in Savory Snacks while in developing markets (such as Brazil, China and India) novel products as well as value deals remain high in demand. The Global Savory Snacks market is highly fragmented with the top 5 brands holding less than 16% of the combined market share. Lay's, Doritos, Pringles, Cheats and Ruffles are the leading brands with the highest market share in 2015. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading retail channel for Savory Snacks across all regions followed by Convenience Stores. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Global Savory Snacks market accounting for majority of the market share.
- Global Savory Snacks market is set to grow, driven by increasing urbanization levels and growing demand from developing countries.
- Drivers for shift in consumption patterns: Increasing urbanization and emerging middle income group in the developing countries is driving the Savory Snacks industry growth.
- In East Europe region, Russia is the largest market for Savory Snacks products in value terms, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% during 2015-2020.
- Global Savory Snacks market is highly fragmented with the top five brands holding less than 16% of the combined market share.
- Ethnic/Traditional Snacks -Bourbon Petit is one of the leading brands of Ethnic/Traditional Snacks in the Asia-Pacific region, with over 20% value share in Japan.
- Compared to other regions, private label brands have a strong presence in Western Europe and North America.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the global Savory Snacks market.
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used containers in the Savory Snacks market.
Canadean's Global report on the Savory Snacks market provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ethnic/Traditional Snacks, Meat Snacks, Nuts and Seeds, Popcorn, Potato Chips, Pretzels and Processed Snacks with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- More extensive brand coverage: The report provides more extensive brand share coverage. Brand share data is also validated by inputs from industry experts.
- The Distribution data included in the report covers 11 distribution channels including Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Health and Beauty Stores, Department Stores, Cash and Carries and Warehouse Clubs, Dollar Stores and Variety Stores and General Merchandise Retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bag/Sachet, Can- Composite, Tub and others
- Country Analysis: Trend analysis for leading high potential countries
- Recommendations: Recommendations for manufacturers on key Dairy and Soy Food categories - Milk, Cheese, Yoghurt, and Butter and Spreadable Fats on parameters including Formulation, Positioning, Packaging, Occasion, Consumer Targets, and Key Segments.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy and Soy Food products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Access to analysis on products launched in the market with Case Examples/Success Stories
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4109276/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-savory-snacks-report-analysis-of-opportunities-offered-by-high-growth-economies-300324423.html