NEW YORK, Jan. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Market outlook of the scotch whiskey market
Technavio's market research analyst predicts the global scotch whiskey market to witness a steady growth at a CAGR of around 5% during the forecast period. The rise in disposable income and the growing demand for premium whiskey has been fueling the growth of this market. Around 88% of consumers globally, consider whisky as an affordable luxury, which is driving manufacturers to launch more premium and super-premium offerings to meet the demand.
Rising trends such as organic scotch whiskey is also expected to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period. Organic whisky distilleries avoid the usage of artificial colors for enhancing the appearance of the whisky.Â Some of the distilleries that offer organic scotch whiskies in the market are Benromach, Bruichladdich, Organic Spirits Company, and Da Mhile.
Segmentation by product and analysis of the global scotch whiskey market
- Malt scotch
- Grain scotch
- Blend scotch
Blend scotch accounted for nearly 79% of the market shares during 2014. This market research report predicts this segment to continue its dominance during the forecast period owing to the high demand from consumers. Some of the popular brands in this segment are Bells, Dewar's, Johnnie Walker, Whyte and Mackay, Cutty Sark, J&B, The Famous Grouse, Ballantine's, and Chivas Regal.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the global scotch whiskey market
The global scotch whiskey market is dominated by Europe, which had a market share of 34% during 2014. France, Spain, and Germany are the major contributors in the scotch whisky market in the region. This research report anticipates Turkey to be an emerging market during the forecast period, fueling the demand for scotch whisky in Europe.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global scotch whisky market is fragmented due to the presence of numerous small and large suppliers. These vendors compete on the basis of price, quality, innovation, service, reputation, distribution, and promotion. The report predicts the market to witness a reduction in product prices due to the increasing competition among vendors. Diageo was the largest provider in the market during 2014 with a market volume share of 24%.
The leading vendors in the market are
- William Grant & Sons
Other prominent vendors in the market include Aceo, Beam Suntory, Ben Nevis Distillery, Erdington, Gordon & MacPhail, Harvey's of Edinburg International, International Beverage Holdings, Isle of Arran, and The Glenmorangie.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the scotch whiskey market?
- What are the Key market trends impacting the growth of the scotch whiskey market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global scotch whiskey market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global scotch whiskey market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Whiskey Market: Trends and Statistical Analysis 2015-2019
- Beer Market in Germany- Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Rum Market 2015-2019
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market 2015-2019
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03571297-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001