NEW YORK, Dec. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Competition Sharply Accelerates in the Battle for Conduit to the Big Screen as Consumers Demand Quality Experiences and Ease of Content Delivery
This study provides an in-depth analysis of the global streaming media devices market and the smart TV market. The thin client paradigm, where broadcast, pay TV, and on-demand content is delivered directly via the Internet to consumers, continues to grow. Streaming media devices, smart TVs, and to some extent game consoles and tablets, are at the forefront of this transition. The base year used in the research is 2016, and unit shipment forecasts as well as discussion of major market drivers and restraints are provided for the years 2017 through 2021.
- Market trends
- Technology trends (e.g., content sharing between devices, curved screens, Ultra HDTV, 4K TV, HDR content)
- Analysis by segment (smart TV and streaming media devices)
- Regional breakouts (North America and Latin America; Europe, Middle East, and Africa; and Asia-Pacific)
Market measurements are analyzed for the year 2016 for both Smart TVs and Streaming Media Devices.
Competitive landscape and market share discussions are also provided for the base year 2016 for leading competitors in each market:
- Smart TV: Samsung, LG Electronics, Sony, Hisense, Panasonic, and TCL
- Streaming Media Devices: Apple, Roku, Google, and Amazon
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- Where do the smart TV and streaming media devices markets stand today? What are the primary challenges faced by vendors in these market? What are the major drivers and restraints for growth?
- What are the revenue breakdowns for the NALA, EMEA, and APAC regions? Which are the fastest-growing regions?
- What are the key technology trends under consideration? How do they differ between the 2 markets?
- What fundamental disruptions in terms of technologies, applications, and product structure will impact vendors, and the market overall, over the forecast period?
- Will these devices and form factors remain relevant in the long run? Will they disrupt other markets?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04409375-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-smart-tv-and-streaming-media-devices-markets-forecast-to-2021-300374106.html