DALLAS, July 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Software Defined Networks (SDN): Challenges, Opportunities, and Outlook for Carrier Networks is a 150 pages market research report published in July 2014. This research evaluates SDN technology, companies, solutions, and market outlook and is available with ReportsnReports.com at http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/292112-software-defined-networks-sdn-challenges-opportunities-and-outlook-for-carrier-networks.html .
This SDN market research report for carrier networks says software-defined networking (SDN) is an approach to computer networking that allows network administrators to manage network services through abstraction of lower level functionality. However, it is much more to telecom as SDN has the potential to transform the carriers by improving the ability of network operators to provide applications, services, feature/functionality and bandwidth in an on-demand basis. Furthermore, SDN it can help virtualize carrier networks and connect the subscriber base with functions, mobility, content, analytics, security, flow-control, optimization, etc.
Software Defined Networks (SDN): Challenges, Opportunities, and Outlook for Carrier Networks research evaluates SDN technology, companies, solutions, and market outlook. It also provides insights into SDN in carrier networks and the prospects and advantages of deployment models uniquely suited to their needs and anticipated business models.
- Forecasts for SDN 2014 - 2019
- SDN companies and solutions analysis
- Understand SDN implementation issues
- Identify key drivers for SDN in carrier networks
- Understand SDN development environment and APIs
- Identify early SDN opportunity areas for network operators
- Understand the role and importance of network function virtualization
- Understand the relationship between SDN, virtualization, and the Cloud
- Certain vendors offer key solutions for carriers
- Wireless carriers have a critical role in the value chain
- Carriers will initially focus on Southbound APIs and switch fabric
- SDN and virtualization will enable IMS optimization and realization of investment
- By 2016, carriers will focus more on Northbound API and create full development environment
- SDN represents a substantial opportunity for carriers by 2019, especially those focused on NFV
- Mobile Cellular Carriers
- Wireless Device Manufacturers
- Wireless Infrastructure Providers
- Cloud, Virtualization and SDN Companies
Order a copy of Software Defined Networks (SDN): Challenges, Opportunities, and Outlook for Carrier Networks report at http://www.reportsnreports.com/Purchase.aspx?name=292112 .
The NFV, SDN & Wireless Network Infrastructure Market: 2014 - 2020 research report estimates that NFV and SDN investments on the RAN segment alone will account for over $5 Billion by 2020. These investments will primarily focus on cloud RAN (C-RAN) deployments, based around the idea of replacing traditional base station nodes with a centralized baseband processing pool serving a number of distributed radio access nodes. This report package provides an in-depth assessment of NFV, SDN, network virtualization, 2G, 3G and 4G wireless network infrastructure, HetNet and mobile backhaul. Besides analyzing the key market drivers, challenges, commercial commitments and vendor strategies, the report package also presents forecasts for NFV, SDN, wireless network infrastructure, small cell, WiFi offload, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), C-RAN the mobile backhaul markets from 2014 to 2020 at a regional as well as a global scale. Historical figures and vendor shares are also provided for 2010 till 2013.
The report package (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/278224-the-nfv-sdn-wireless-network-infrastructure-market-2014-2020.html ) comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the three reports.
Table of Contents for Software Defined Networks (SDN): Challenges, Opportunities, and Outlook for Carrier Networks market research report cover:
1. Executive Summary
2. Technology Overview
2.2. Virtualization vs. SDN
2.3. Cloud Deployment
3. SDN Companies and Solutions
4. Future of SDN
4.1. SDN and SOA
4.2. SDN in Wireless
4.3. Software-defined Everything
5. SDN Market Forecasts 2014-2019
5.1. Global SDN Market Analysis
5.2. Global Market 2014 - 2019
5.3. SDN Market by Segment
5.4. SDN Switching
5.5. SDN Controllers
5.6. SDN Software Operation Market
5.7. Cloud Service Provider Segments
Explore more reports on IT & Telecommunications market and other reports by Global Wireless Research at http://www.reportsnreports.com/publisher/global-wireless-research/ .
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library (http://www.reportsnreports.com/ ) of 400,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
TX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252
Connect With Us on: