President of Global Sources Fashion Group, Livia Yip, said: "This year marks the 10th anniversary of Global Sources Fashion show. It has become the largest sourcing event in the region. Our show has helped tens of thousands of global buyers to source quality fashion products from China and Asia."
"This fall, we have expanded the bags and luggage pavilion, introducing 15,000 fashion and casual bags, luggage and backpacks, which is the largest collection ever in Hong Kong," added Yip.
Other highlights of the show are:
- Expanded Footwear pavilion -- the largest collection of footwear in Hong Kong with 150 booths of sports, casual and fashion footwear.
- Fashion Tech Zone -- introducing innovative products such as smart bags and smart footwear.
- Sports Fashion & Activewear collection -- Hong Kong's largest collection of sports fashion with 450 booths showcasing sports and activewear, yoga wear, functional fabrics etc.
- Style & Color Trend Forecasts -- presented by Fashion Snoops and Pantone, attendees can preview the upcoming trends in accessories and apparel.
- Young Designers Corner -- showcasing designs of talented and emerging designers from Hong Kong Polytechnic University's Institute of Textiles & Clothing, Hong Kong Design Institute, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, School of Continuing and Professional Studies -- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, SCAD and Shigo.
- Rising Designers Corner -- a platform for fashion startups from Hong Kong, mainland China, Thailand and the U.S. to showcase their new products.
- Fashion Parades -- featuring analyst's choice products from exhibitors and new creations by young and rising designers.
- New Markets Pavilion -- highlighting fashion items from new markets such as India, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia and the Philippines by the Hinrich Foundation.
Value-added services to enhance the supplier and buyer experience
- Conferences on hot topics including "Smart China Sourcing", "Visionary Intelligence" and "eFashion Source2Sell", a conference track for online and Amazon sellers.
- Buyer App helps buyers maximize efficiency at the show with a range of pre-event and on-site benefits. The app allows buyers to locate exhibitors, create exhibitor profiles and take notes and product pictures. Users can also manage communications with exhibitors.
- Supplier App enables exhibitors obtain buyer information, sourcing history and submit quotations efficiently.
- VIP Buyer Offices provide selected buyers with fully-equipped offices.
Among the thousands of buyers pre-registered to attend the show are Adidas, American Eagle Outfitters, Bossini, Cortefiel, Cotton On, Debenhams, Fossil, Furla, Gap, Giordano, Kate Spade, Laura Ashley, LCX, Mary Kay, Max Mara, Primark, Puma, Ralph Lauren, Ripley and Zalora.
The show is supported by local and industry organizations including Hong Kong Apparel Society, The Federation of Hong Kong Watch Trades & Industries and Hong Kong Institution of Textile and Apparel. International organizations including Malaysian Knitting Manufacturers Association, Gifts Association Singapore, Malaysian Gifts & Premium Association, Malaysia-China Chamber of Commerce, Taiwan BAGS Association, Taiwan Textile Federation and Taiwan Hosiery Manufacturers' Association are also supporting the events.
The Global Sources Fashion show is complemented year-round by the industry's leading websites: Fashion Accessories & Footwear and Fashion Apparel & Fabrics. Updated daily, each site delivers exclusive content, including Analyst's Choice, an unbiased selection of new and innovative products from exhibitors and leading brands in the region.
Opening hours for the show are:
- Oct. 26-28 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Oct. 29 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Buyers can find more information about the Global Sources Fashion show and pre-register to attend at http://www.globalsources.com/exhibitions.
More information about Global Sources is available on the company's corporate site (http://www.corporate.globalsources.com), Facebook and Twitter (/globalsources).
About Global Sources
Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), trade shows, magazines, and apps.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20030303/LNM011LOGO-b
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-sources-celebrates-10-successful-years-of-its-fashion-show-300350528.html
SOURCE Global Sources