DUBLIN, Apr. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Structural Biology & Molecular Modeling Techniques Market Analysis By Tools, By Application And Segment Forecasts 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The structural biology & molecular modeling techniques market is expected to reach USD 13.1 billion by 2025. An unprecedented rise in the adoption of unhealthy lifestyles has led to an upsurge in the prevalence of chronic diseases, such as diabetes and cancer, which is presumed to propel the structural biology & molecular modeling techniques market during the forecast period.
Moreover, increasing drug resistance coupled with the high drug attrition rate is engendering the requirement for extensive R&D activities, which is presumed to boost the adoption of structural biology & molecular modeling techniques in the drug discovery and development process. This is expected to serve as an efficient approach in fast tracking the development of drugs with high potency.
The heightening demand for molecular modeling techniques is predominantly attributable to the significant cost reduction enabled. This is due to the fact that prediction software identifies possible adverse reactions and determines drug efficacy and toxicity in the pre-clinical stages, thereby reducing the probability of drug failure at the later stages. Consequentially, the aforementioned factors serve as prominent reasons responsible for the widened market demand.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- SaaS & standalone modeling held the largest share of the tools segment in 2015 owing to extensive utilization of computer-assisted structuring and modeling techniques in R&D
- The drug discovery segment is anticipated to grow at a lucrative CAGR owing to continual introduction of software modifications with focus on enhanced drug designing aimed to accelerate the process in identifying novel therapeutic agents
- In 2015, North America dominated the global structural biology & molecular modeling techniques market owing to the presence of a wide number of established pharmaceutical companies extensively involved in the commercialization of in silico tools to promote their usage
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at an exponential CAGR owing to favorable government initiatives supporting research activities and the increasing trend of outsourcing drug development by the developed economies
- The key participants are employing clinical and research collaborative strategies promoting the adoption of structural prediction software and databases to gain a competitive advantage
Key Topics Covered:
1 Research Methodology & Scope
2 Executive Summary
3 Structural Biology & Molecular Modeling Techniques Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.2 Market Driver Analysis
3.3 Market Restraint Analysis
3.4 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.5 Structural Biology And Molecular Modeling Techniques - SWOT Analysis, By Factor (political & legal, economic and technological)
3.6 Industry Analysis - Porter's
4 Structural Biology & Molecular Modeling Techniques Market: Tools Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Structural biology & molecular modeling techniques market: Tools movement analysis
4.2 SaaS & Stand-Alone Modeling Software
4.2.2 Homology Modeling
4.2.4 Molecular Dynamics
4.2.5 Ab Initio
4.3 Visualization & Analysis Software
5 Structural Biology & Molecular Modeling Techniques Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Structural Biology & Molecular Modeling Techniques Market: Application Movement Analysis
5.2 Drug Development
5.3 Drug Discovery
6 Structural Biology & Molecular Modeling Techniques: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Tools, Application
7 Competitive Landscape
- Dassault Systemes
- Agile Molecule
- Acellera Ltd.
- Bioinformatic LLC
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Bruker Daltonics Inc.
- Biomax Informatics AG
- Chemical Computing Group
- CLC bio
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3wjzxc/structural
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-structural-biology--molecular-modeling-techniques-market-analysis-2014-2017--2025---research-and-markets-300444153.html
SOURCE Research and Markets