DUBLIN, December 11, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f34d79/thin_film) has announced the addition of Wintergreen Research, Inc's new report "Thin Film Batteries: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2015 to 2021" to their offering.
Thin film battery markets at $35 million in 2014 are forecast to reach $3.4 billion by 2021. Rapid growth toward the end of the forecast period is anticipated as technology improves the cost structure of the manufacturing.
Thin film battery market driving forces include creating business inflection by delivering technology that supports entirely new capabilities. Sensor networks are creating demand for thin film solid state devices. Vendors doubled revenue and almost tripled production volume from first quarter. Multiple customers are moving into production with innovative products after successful trials.
Software and onboard storage are significant aspects of making the networks more intelligent. The need to capture and analyze increasing amounts of data, deliver results to more users, and respond faster across all devices, without a corresponding increase in budget is a function of better management and better systems. Back up power is part of the picture.
According to Susan Eustis, the lead author of the team that created the study, Thin film batteries for electronics brings advantages to batteries of less weight, lower cost potentially, higher energy density eventually, and a smaller footprint. Substantially increasing the energy density while lowering costs is the aim of this industry segment. While this has not yet been achieved, it will be done and those who achieve the breakthrough stand to benefit substantially.
Key application areas for thin film batteries are:
- Medical implants
- Hearing aids
- RFID tags
- Electronic wearable devices
- Smart cards
Key application areas for solid stare batteries are:
- Power bridging
- Permanent power
- Wireless sensors
Key Topics Covered:
- Solid State Thin Film Battery Executive Summary
- Solid State Thin Film Battery Market
- Polymer Film Substrate for Flexible Thin Battery
- Thin Film Battery Market Driving Forces
- Smarter Computing Market Driving Forces
- Thin Film Batteries Market Shares
- Solid State Thin Film Batteries Market Forecasts
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Applied Materials
- Blue Spark Technologies
- Front Edge Technology
- Imprint Energy
- Johnson Research Product Development
- KSW Microtec
- Kunshan Printed Electronics Ltd.
- Leonhard Kurz / PolyIC
- Paper Battery Company
- Sony Corporation
1. Solid State Thin Film Battery Market Description and Market Dynamics
2. Solid State Thin Film Battery Market Shares and Forecasts
3. Solid State Thin Film Battery Product Description
4. Solid State Thin Film Lithium Battery Technology
5. Thin Film Battery Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f34d79/thin_fil
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets