Global UAV Payload Market and (Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights, Market Size and Drivers, Major Programs, Country Analysis) Market Profile 2012-2022 - MarketResearchReports.Biz
ALBANY, New York, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
New Market Research Report Added in MarketResearchReports.Biz Reports Database The Global UAV Payload Market 2012-2022
This report is the result of SDI's extensive market and company research covering the global UAV payload industry. It provides detailed analysis of both historic and forecast global industry values, factors influencing demand, the challenges faced by industry participants, analysis of the leading companies in the industry, and key news.
To Browse Full TOC, Tables & Figures visit: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis-details/the-global-uav-payload-market-2012-2022
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The Global UAV Payload Market 2012-2022 offers the reader detailed analysis of the global UAV payload market over the next ten years, alongside potential market opportunities to enter the industry, using detailed market size forecasts.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The global UAV payload market is expected to value US$43.7 billion by the end of 2012, which is estimated to increase to US$68.6 billion by 2022, representing a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period. Market demand is anticipated to be driven by increased UAV procurement by several countries across the world and continuous requirement formulations in areas such as persistent surveillance, suppression/destruction of enemy air defense (SEAD/DEAD), communications relays and combat search and rescue (CSAR). Another major factor which is expected to drive the market over the forecast period is the increasing incorporation of UAVs in civilian applications such as Homeland Security, disaster management and border surveillance.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The Global UAV Payload Market 2012-2022 provides detailed analysis of the current industry size and growth expectations from 2012 to 2022, including highlights of key growth stimulators. It also benchmarks the industry against key global markets and provides detailed understanding of emerging opportunities in specific areas.
Key Features and Benefits
- The report provides detailed analysis of the market for UAV payload during 2012-2022, including the factors that influence why countries are investing or cutting defense expenditure. It provides detailed expectations of growth rates and projected total expenditure.
- Northrop Grumman, Rheinmetall, FLIR Systems, AeroVironment, BAE Systems, Elbit Systems, Denel Dynamics, L 3 WESCAM, Thales, Lockheed Martin, SAAB, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, AAI Corporation, Israel Aerospace Industries
- A low number of countries, including the US, UK, and Israel, are currently using armed drones. The US used combat UAVs with munitions in numerous missions in Afghanistan to strike suspected terrorists and insurgents. The country has recently doubled its fleet of Reaper combat UAVs in Afghanistan. The UK also performs strike missions with its UAVs in Afghanistan. However, numerous countries are undertaking strategies to equip their fleets with combat UAVs in the future, which is expected to bolster the demand for weaponry payloads.
Key Market Issues
- Europe and North America account for an estimated 80% of global defense spending. These countries were, however, among the hardest hit by the global financial crisis. This has led to austerity measures being introduced by national governments, which in turn have resulted in reduced defense budgets and the cancellation and indefinite delay of various UAV and associated payload projects. All these factors have had a detrimental effect on the growth of the UAV payload industry.
- The overall industry consists of approximately 36 companies dominated by a few large firms. The new entrants and smaller firms are encountered with substantially high barriers to secure a considerable share of the market. For example, in the UAV and payload industry of the US, a major share of more than half of the total market revenue is shared by the top four companies.
- With the expected growth in market demand and diversity in UAV applications, there is a growing requirement for the future UAV and payload design to combine multi mission, modular, open architecture features, capable of accomplishing diverse missions. In addition, with the drive towards austerity measures in defense budgets in developed countries, the UAVs are expected to be flexible enough for diverse operations than dedicated to a single mission.
- In recent times, UAVs have attracted significant attention for use in both military and homeland security. As the best substitute to the otherwise used manned aircraft for surveillance and reconnaissance missions, UAVs are now attracting significant investment by several countries. Payloads are essential systems in the UAVs which are instrumental in carrying out various missions and the demand for UAV payloads is thus expected to increase proportionally with the UAVs.
This report shows the leading UAV Payload market segments in various regions across the world. Details of top companies active across the global UAV Payload market are provided, together with market size and forecast 2012-2022 for the main players across those areas.
The report provides a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape of the UAV Payload market. It provides an overview of key UAV Payload companies catering to the UAV Payload sector, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
The global UAV payloads industry is highly competitive. The US and various European countries are among the leading spenders and have well-developed UAV and related industries, making these territories self-reliant. However, Israel is an exception to this and also supplies UAVs and related payloads to these countries.
This report provides readers with a comprehensive analysis of the UAV Payload market through 2012-2022, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators for UAV Payload. It also provides an insight on the spending pattern and modernization pattern in different regions around the world.
The global UAV payload market valued US$4.0 billion in 2012 and is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period, to reach its peak of US$6.1 billion by 2022. The market consists of three categories: radars and communication, sensors and detection, and weaponry. The radars and communication segment is expected to account for 45% of the global UAV payload market, followed by the sensors and detection segment with a share of 41%.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the top UAV Payload programs pursued by nations across the forecast period 2012-2022.
This report discusses the various programmes conducted by key players in the market, by dividing them into the main types of UAV Payload. The report offers detailed information regarding quantity procured, country supplying the equipment, delivery period and total contract value.
This report offers detailed analysis of the global UAV Payload market over the next ten years, and provides extensive market size forecasts by country and sub sector. It covers the key technological and market trends in the UAV Payload market.
"The Global UAV Payload Market 2012-2022 - Country Analysis: Market Profile" provides details of the key markets in each region, offering an analysis of the top segments of UAV Payload, expected to be in demand. It also investigates the top three expected UAV Payload programs, in terms of demand in the key markets in each region.
Browse Upcoming Market Research Reports - Pre Book
Marketresearchreports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. Marketresearchreports.biz services are especially designed to save time and money of our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948
More by this Source
Global Radiation Cured Products (Coatings, Inks, and Adhesives) Market - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 – 2019: Research Report Now Available at MarketResearchReports.Biz
Mar 04, 2014, 04:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.