NEW YORK, April 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- UHT (Ultra High Temperature) milk is fluid milk that is sterilized at very high temperature of 135-150 degree Celsius for 2 to 3 seconds and then immediately cooled down to 4-5 degree Celsius. This process imparts longer life to UHT milk and allows it to be stored at room temperature. UHT milk is majorly available in three forms - whole or full fat, semi-skimmed and skimmed with an average fat content of 3.5%, 1.7% and 0.1%, respectively. Lack of advanced cold chain facilities required for storing pasteurized milk is one of the key factors supporting the increase in demand for UHT milk. Longer shelf life of UHT milk diminishes the need for refrigeration, due to which an increasing number of consumers are shifting towards UHT milk from normal fluid milk.
According to TechSci Research report "Global UHT Milk Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020", global UHT milk market is forecast to cross US$ 133 billion by 2020 on the back of superior quality and longer shelf life of UHT milk over conventional fluid milk. Semi-skimmed UHT milk is the most popular type of UHT milk consumed amongst adults, who prefer low calorie intake. In 2014, Europe was the largest consumer of UHT milk, however, Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge as the largest consumer of UHT milk by 2020. Increasing presence of modern sales channels such as hypermarkets and supermarkets offering products to consumers at low prices is also expected to boost UHT milk adoption in the coming years. Few global players operating in the UHT milk market are Parmalat, Fonterra, Candia SA, and Nestle. "Global UHT Milk Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2020" report elaborates the following aspects related to global UHT milk market:
- Global UHT Milk Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Type (Whole, Semi-skimmed and Skimmed)
- Regional Analysis - Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, South America, Middle East & Africa
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of global UHT milk market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth over next five years
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research includes interviews with UHT milk producers and industry experts. Secondary research includes an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03426211-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-uht-milk-market-forecast-and-opportunities-2020-300258605.html