NEW YORK, April 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The water and wastewater treatment chemicals market is in a consolidation phase and is estimated to have a demand of $21 billion in 2015. While substitutes to chemical treatment and commoditisation of chemicals pose a threat to market growth, industrial and municipal demand due to regulations and environmental mandates are expected to facilitate moderate market growth during the forecast period. This research service analyses the usage of chemicals across geographies and segments by revenue and competition.
The total global water and wastewater treatment chemicals market was worth $ billion in 2015, and is expected to grow to $ billion by 2021.
- The volume growth in each of these segments ranges from low to moderate depending on the end-industry consumption pattern and growth. Overall, the tendency to reduce chemical consumption is widely observed due to the replacement of chemical treatment by physical treatment.
- This growth can be chiefly attributed to the recovery in key industry sectors such as power generation and food and beverage.
- In terms of growth rate, scale, and corrosion inhibition, chemicals are expected to grow the highest, followed by biocides and disinfectants. These segments are expected to grow at % and %, respectively, from 2015 to 2021.
- The biocides and disinfectants segment is expected to grow with industrial growth in areas such as petrochemicals and power generation.
- The shares of commodity-based and specialty-based products in segments such as coagulants and flocculants, are expected to change during the forecast period.
- Convergence in chemical usage is leading to the development of functional chemicals that serve more than one purpose.
- The use of smart solutions to manage dosing of chemicals and monitoring is expected to increase and result in efficient practices.
- The market is in the consolidation phase, with strategic mergers and acquisitions (M&As) resulting in companies gaining product and service capabilities that allow them to serve customers better.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- At what stage in the lifecycle is the market and how is it expected to grow?
- What key elements are driving and restricting growth in this market?
- What is the growth potential of the different segments and groups of chemicals in this market?
- What are the present market needs and requirements, and how likely are they to change in future?
- What are some of the key focus areas for companies to stay ahead of competition?
- What are the key market trends observed?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03564616-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-water-and-wastewater-treatment-chemicals-market-300246593.html