GlobalSpec Industrial Marketing Digital Summit Online Event Draws More Than 750 Attendees
Unique event brings together industrial marketers from around the world to participate in learning opportunities, share ideas and connect with peers
EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y., July 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Industrial Marketing Digital Summit" online event on July 11 hosted by GlobalSpec (recently acquired by IHS (NYSE: IHS)) drew more than 750 participants. The free virtual conference is now available on demand to give industrial marketers easy access to educational presentations and exhibitor resources from the live-day event.
Delivered by industrial marketers at top companies, the educational sessions at GlobalSpec's "Industrial Marketing Digital Summit" online event covered the hottest topics in B-to-B marketing for the industrial sector. Attendees were able to gain knowledge from leading marketing services organizations on the latest trends and technologies in industrial marketing. They also had the chance to interact with exhibitors, network with their peers and attend educational sessions to help them develop ideas to deliver more effective marketing, better connect with their target audience and gain a competitive advantage in their marketplace.
Industrial marketers were able to take advantage of these learning and networking opportunities from the convenience of their desktops, without having to budget for travel expenses or lose time away from the office.
"The Industrial Marketing Digital Summit online event was a unique opportunity to bring together industrial marketers from around the world to share ideas and best practices, and learn about the latest trends in industrial marketing," said Chris Chariton , senior vice president, product management and supplier marketing for GlobalSpec. "It served as an ideal venue to gain knowledge from marketers at top industrial companies and interact with marketing services suppliers. All of this without even leaving the office."
Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Keynote: Proving Marketing's Value to the CEO – An industrial marketer's job has always been challenging, but it has become even more so in recent years. This presentation highlighted why marketing is vital - and more important than ever - and how you can prove the value and worth of your department to your CEO.
Presented by Jeffrey M. Killeen , chairman and CEO, GlobalSpec
- Panel: Social Media Use in the Industrial Sector – Social media has become part of the industrial marketing equation. This panel discussion showed how companies like Edmund Optics, DuPont, and Indium Corporation are using social media in their marketing efforts.
Presented by Rick Short , director-marketing communications, Indium Corporation; Todd Sierer , director-product marketing, Edmund Optics; and Gary Spangler , corporate eMarketing manager and leader, social media CoE, DuPont
- Industrial Marketing Trends Survey Results: What You Need to Know – Get the results from GlobalSpec's latest Industrial Marketing Trends Survey and understand how this most recent data may impact your marketing initiatives.
Presented by Chris Chariton , senior vice president-product management and supplier marketing, GlobalSpec.
- What's Working Best for Driving More Leads and Sales Today – Today marketing is responsible for bringing in more leads than it ever has before. This presentation showed how to effectively generate more leads and increase sales. Discover three ways to increase sales and four right things to do to generate leads.
Presented by M.H. (Mac) McIntosh , president and principal consultant, AcquireB2B and Mac McIntosh Inc.
- Thought Leadership... Leverage What You Know – Content is king. Marketing your knowledge assets can position your company as a valued solution partner and thought leader to customers and prospects. This presentation showed how to leverage what you already know by capitalizing on your organization's existing resources to deliver messaging that engages your audience and drives leads.
Presented by Dale Reeves , manager-global eBusiness & marketing, TE Connectivity - AD&M
Companies exhibiting at this event included: AcquireB2B, Business Marketing Association (BMA), BtoB, CDS, Configure One, GlobalSpec and Marketo.
GlobalSpec, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), is the leading provider of digital media solutions designed to connect industrial marketers with their target audience of engineering, technical, industrial, scientific and manufacturing sector professionals. GlobalSpec provides its registered users with a domain-expert search engine to search more than 50,000 supplier catalogs by specification, a broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content, over 15 annual online events, and more than 70 e-newsletters - helping them search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content. For suppliers, GlobalSpec helps generate awareness, demand and engagement opportunities among the professionals they are looking to reach – from inbox to desktop, through networks and via real-time engagement.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS employs more than 6,000 people in more than 30 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2012 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
Director – Marketing Communications
Tel: 518.880.0200 ext. 5338
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.