Glowpoint Releases Reservationless Videoconferencing Service Glowpoint Now Addresses Demand for Enterprise-Grade Video Collaboration and Support
MURRAY HILL, N.J., Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Glowpoint, Inc. (NYSE MKT: GLOW), a leading provider of cloud-based video collaboration, network and support services, today released Glowpoint Now, a reservationless videoconferencing service, enabling anyone to easily collaborate anywhere, on any device.
"Organizations have different video collaboration requirements. Some are looking to extend video beyond the four walls of the company to a mobile workforce and business partners. Others need high touch concierge services for board meetings and executive interviews, while others are looking for videoconferencing on-demand or a video meeting room off site. In most cases, our customers require a combination of services, along with support and other services to help them collaborate with colleagues, business partners and customers more effectively," said Peter Holst, Chairman and CEO, Glowpoint Inc.
Holst added, "Many reservationless videoconferencing startups lead you to believe that as video becomes more pervasive, support requirements diminish or go away. The exact opposite is true. The demand for secure, enterprise-grade video collaboration is expanding globally, and, with that expansion, the need to provide business-class services and support is increasing. Glowpoint Now, in combination with our other video collaboration and support services, meets our customers' needs today and in to the future."
Leveraging the experience from managing hundreds of thousands of video meetings, Glowpoint customers can now:
- Start or join a meeting from a web browser, including Internet ExplorerTM, Google ChromeTM and Mozilla Firefox®.
- Schedule meetings and dynamically include participants the way they want to – using Outlook® and/or inviting meeting participants 'on the fly.'
Glowpoint Now service highlights include:
- Low cost burden
- Glowpoint Now takes advantage of The Glowpoint Cloud so there's no infrastructure to buy and maintain and no IT training required.
- Integral part of your Unified Communications strategy
- Glowpoint Now works seamlessly with Microsoft Lync® and Cisco Jabber®.
- Comprehensive management and reporting
- Glowpoint Now includes performance and trend reports and makes it easy for authorized users to add or remove participants, set or change security levels, and monitor usage.
- Partner friendly
- Glowpoint Now allows for partner branding and partners are covered by Glowpoint's Business-class support services.
Glowpoint Now is available today. For more details, please visit www.glowpoint.com.
Glowpoint, Inc. is a video collaboration services provider, focused on delivering support services that meet the needs of large and mid-sized companies. More than 1000 organizations in 96 countries rely on our unmatched experience, business-class support and cloud-based services to support their unified communications (UC) strategies and business goals.
The Walker Group
SOURCE Glowpoint, Inc.