LONDON, Feb. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global glycomics/glycobiology market is poised to reach USD 1,211.4 million by 2021 from USD 649.5 million in 2016, at a CAGR of 13.3%. The glycomics/glycobiology market is segmented on the basis of product, application, end user, and region.
Factors such as increasing government and private funding for glycomics and proteomics research and growing R&D expenditure by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are the key drivers for the growth of the global glycomics/glycobiology market.
On the basis of product, the market is segmented into enzymes, instruments, kits, and reagents. The enzymes segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is mainly attributed to their consumable nature and wide applications in a variety of R&D and drug discovery procedures. The enzymes segment is further divided into glycosidases, glycosyltransferases, neuraminidases, sialyltransferases, and other enzymes.
On the basis of application, the market is segmented into diagnostics, drug discovery & development, oncology, immunology, and other applications. In 2016, the drug discovery and development segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market. This growth can be attributed to increase in R&D activities for the development of novel drugs and therapies.
On the basis of region, the market is segmented into North America, Asia, Europe, and RoW. The Asian market is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is mainly attributed to the increasing commercialization of R&D by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, growing demand for personalized medicine, and rising importance of companion diagnostics.
Apart from comprehensive regional and product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles comprise basic views on the key players in the glycomics/glycobiology market and product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by market players to maintain and increase their market shares in the near future. The above-mentioned market research data, current market size, and forecast of future trends will help key players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, regional focus, change in strategic approach, R&D investments for innovations in products and technologies, and levels of output in order to remain successful.
Reasons to buy the report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help the firms garner a higher market share. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios of the top players in the glycomics/glycobiology market. The report analyzes the glycomics/glycobiology by product, application, end user, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the glycomics/glycobiology market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, regional and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the glycomics/glycobiology market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about the lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the market for various glycomics/glycobiology offerings across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the glycomics/glycobiology market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4674548/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/glycomicsglycobiology-market-by-product-instruments-kits--reagents-application-end-user---global-forecast-to-2021-300402731.html