PITTSBURGH, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GNC Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GNC), the nation's largest specialty retailer of health, wellness and sports nutrition products, announces the extension of its trusted line of advanced nutrition supplements. GNC's Preventive Nutrition® brand features more advanced, robust formulas comprised of scientifically formulated and clinically validated ingredients. The line is designed to provide nutritional support for a wide range of health concerns and support overall health and wellness.
"Health and wellness is important to men and women of all ages, and their health concerns are far-reaching and can range from supporting brain health to healthy digestion and cholesterol," said Tom Dowd, Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer and General Manager for GNC. "This extension of our Preventive Nutrition® line is part of GNC's goal of providing consumers with the best innovative products the nutritional supplement industry has to offer."
Working with GNC's Medical Advisory Board of renowned physicians, GNC's latest innovations contain blends of clinically studied ingredients along with additional nutrients. Reflecting GNC's commitment to helping our customers Live Well, the line's lifestyle programs can also help consumers to modify their diet and/or exercise regimen to further support their health.
"With 11 new formulas to choose from, consumers can rest assured that they are taking a supplement that will help them support the key health concern they are focused on, such as eye health, blood pressure, digestive health or liver health," said the Chairman of GNC's Medical Advisory Board, Dr. Joseph C. Maroon, MD., F.A.C.S. "For example, the Healthy Cholesterol Formula™ supports normal, healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It combines potent phytosterols, which support heart health, and CoQ-10 for powerful cardiovascular antioxidant support."
GNC's physician-formulated nutrition solutions feature premium ingredients for optimum performance:
- Eye Health Formula™ – Supports overall eye health and function
- Liver Health Formula™ – Supports the liver's natural cleansing and detoxifying process
- Brain Health Formula™ – Supports memory function and retention
- Energy Enhancing Formula™ – Provides stimulant-free energy production, fuels cellular energy and combats a key marker of muscle fatigue
- Healthy Digestion Formula™ – Improves overall digestive health and replenishes beneficial bacteria for optimal digestion
- Bone and Joint Health Formula™ – Improves overall bone and joint health
- Enhanced Sleep Formula™ – Naturally helps promote restful sleep
- Healthy Cholesterol Formula™ – Supports normal, healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Healthy Blood Pressure Formula™ – Supports normal, healthy blood pressure levels and enhances blood vessel dilation
- Cellular Antioxidant Formula™ – Protects cell structure and function
- Healthy Blood Sugar Formula™ – Supports normal, healthy blood glucose levels
About Dr. Joseph C. Maroon, MD., F.A.C.S., Chairman of GNC'S Medical Advisory Board
Dr. Joseph C. Maroon is a world-renowned neurosurgeon, health and fitness expert and Ironman triathlete. He is regarded as a premiere specialist in the surgical treatment of injuries and diseases of the brain and spine, particularly with microscopic and minimally invasive procedures. Consistently listed in America's Best Doctors, Dr. Maroon's patients travel from all over the world to seek his care.
GNC Holdings, Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., is a leading global specialty retailer of health and wellness products, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplement products, sports nutrition products and diet products, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "GNC."
As of December 31, 2012, GNC has more than 8,100 locations, of which more than 6,100 retail locations are in the United States (including 949 franchise and 2,181 Rite Aid franchise store-within-a-store locations) and franchise operations in 54 countries (including distribution centers where retail sales are made). The Company—which is dedicated to helping consumers Live Well—has a diversified, multi-channel business model and derives revenue from product sales through company-owned retail stores, domestic and international franchise activities, third-party contract manufacturing, e-commerce and corporate partnerships. The Company's broad and deep product mix, which is focused on high-margin, premium, value-added nutritional products, is sold under GNC proprietary brands, including Mega Men®, Ultra Mega®, GNC Total Lean™, Pro Performance®, Pro Performance® AMP and Beyond Raw®, and under nationally recognized third-party brands.
212-537-5177 Ext. 2
SOURCE GNC Holdings, Inc.