GO Group Members Recommend St. Patrick's Day Parades
CHICAGO, March 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- There's no reason to drown your sorrows in a lonely pint if you can't be home to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Almost every major city has a parade honoring the saintly man who drove the snakes from Ireland. The travel experts at The GO Group, LLC, the nation's largest ground transportation company, offers this list of processions where everyone can be Irish for the day.
- Baltimore: St. Patrick's Day Parade, Sunday, March 13. Held for more than 50 years, the parade kicks off at 2 p.m. at the Washington Monument. For more, visit http://www.irishparade.net.
- Boston: South Boston Parade, Sunday, March 20, 1 p.m. In possibly the most Irish city in the United States, Boston bursts with pride during its St. Patrick's Day Parade. Held annually since 1901, the family friendly parade features floats, music, marching and pipe bands. To learn more, visit http://www.bostoncentral.com/events/boston_st_patricks_day_parade/p1130.php.
- Chicago: Downtown Parade, Saturday, March 12, noon. Start the day by watching the city dye its Chicago River green at 10:45 a.m. then head to Michigan Ave. to watch the parade, which begins at noon. For more, visit http://www.chicagostpatsparade.com/parade.html.
- San Diego: The St. Patrick's Day Parade and Irish Festival, on March 12, kicks off with a flag raising at 10 a.m. followed by the parade at 10:30. It's one of the largest single-day events in San Diego. For more: http://www.stpatsparade.org.
- Toronto: The St. Patrick's Day Parade, March 13, begins at noon and will be led by Grand Marshall Micheal O Muircheartaigh, the most recognized voice in Irish sports. The procession starts at Bloor and St. George, and finishes at Nathan Philips Square. For more, http://www.topatrick.com.
- Waikiki: Tuesday, March 17, the 42nd Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade will take place from 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm. The parade route begins at Saratoga Road and finishes at Kapiolani Park. Visit http://www.hawaiiforvisitors.com/events/saint-patricks-day.htm.
For a list of St. Patrick's celebrations around the world, visit http://www.st-patricks-day.com.
The GO Group, LLC launched in August 2007 as a one-stop source for door-to-door airport shuttle services. Each year, its members transport some 13 million passengers to and from airports in the United States, Mexico, Canada and Europe. Travelers can book ground transportation to and from both departure and destination airports through GO's website, www.goairportshuttle.com.
SOURCE The GO Group, LLC