REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Dec. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GoFundMe today released its second annual Year in Giving report, detailing new data and milestones from the world's largest social fundraising platform, as well as some of the biggest GoFundMes of 2016.
In addition to a letter from GoFundMe CEO Rob Solomon, highlights from the report include:
- The top 16 largest GoFundMes in 2016, including campaigns for survivors of the Pulse shooting in Orlando, support for Standing Rock protesters in North Dakota, and two started by celebrities
- The most important fundraising moments of 2016, including fundraising totals for natural disasters, news events, and other memorable occasions
- How online fundraising is more prevalent among Americans than ride-sharing or home-sharing
- The most generous and top fundraising cities and states
- The industry-leading company milestones of GoFundMe
To view the whole report, visit: https://pages.gofundme.com/giving-report-2016/
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Launched in 2010, GoFundMe is the world's largest online fundraising platform, with over $3 billion raised so far. With a community of more than 25 million donors, GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gofundme-releases-year-in-giving-report-highlighting-2016-data-and-milestones-300377247.html