Going for the Gold: CIE Tours' Irish Journey Shines
MORRISTOWN, N.J., Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- You can make Irish coffee at home, of course – adding a shot of whiskey and a dollop of cream to your steamy mug. Though how much more delicious would that drink be if it were served at an Irish bar filled not with tourists, but with locals; along with the music and easy conversation the Irish are known for? On CIE Tours' 8-Day Irish Gold Tour, you feel that simple yet priceless experience as part of an unforgettable vacation. Sure, you'll hit the can't-miss highlights, but you'll also experience the small but memorable moments built in. In all, you come away with an indelible understanding of what makes this island so special.
Ireland holds a special pull for American visitors, and no tour company does the Emerald Isle better than CIE Tours International. "We're particularly proud of the Irish Gold Tour," says CIE Tours President Brian W. Stack. "Travelers not only enjoy the famous Irish wit and welcoming hospitality, but they also enjoy superior and deluxe first class hotels and great meals." On the Irish Gold Tour, your two nights in Galway are spent in the gorgeous Radisson Blu Hotel, with views of Galway Bay; and dinner in Killarney's famed Killeen House Restaurant is a gourmet experience you won't want to miss. On all CIE Tours International vacations, you'll travel in a luxury coach, and be catered to from the moment you land to the moment you leave.
All Irish Gold Tour features shine, and here are a few highlights:
- Ring of Kerry: Starting and ending in Killarney, the sights on this 100-mile scenic tour have been taking away visitors' breath, forever. You're as likely to see low, brooding clouds as you are a brilliant rainbow, above ever-changing vistas of mountains, seacoast, fields and farms.
- Cliffs of Moher: At their maximum height, these stunning cliffs reach 702 feet above the crashing Atlantic waves. Fans of the 1987 movie, The Princess Bride, will be thrilled to note that these amazing cliffs "starred" in the film as the imposing Cliff of Insanity.
- Killary Harbour cruise: Embark on a 9-mile catamaran cruise, from which you can see 19th century potato ridges. Keep an eye out for seabirds!
- Marine Bar: In the town of Dungarvan, you'll stop here for that famous, fortifying Irish coffee, while you enjoy traditional music.
- Clonmacnoise Monastery: Founded in 548 AD, this monastery was a center of learning in medieval times. Tour the moody, evocative remains of churches, soaring crosses and other ruined buildings on a mound beside the River Shannon.
Like all CIE Tours' vacations, Irish Gold includes it all – airport transfers; deluxe motorcoach transportation; excellent hotel accommodations, taxes and porterage fees; and all admission fees; as well as most meals, special attractions and evening entertainment. Not only that, but CIE Tours' guides go beyond getting you from place to place – they bring each destination to life with their enthusiasm and impressive knowledge. This is an authentic travel experience that will resonate long after you return home.
About CIE Tours International
For more than 81 years, CIE Tours International of Morristown, NJ has set the standard for fully escorted motorcoach tours of Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. This renowned tour operator delivers unsurpassed experiences and value for both packaged vacations and custom independent travel, combining the best of each destination with expert professional tour guides who bring each itinerary to life. All CIE Tours travel programs are protected by the company's $550+ Advantage, a no-fee benefit guaranteeing that travelers are never charged for special features considered optional extras with other tour companies. For additional information, please contact 1-800-243-8687 or visit www.cietours.com.
SOURCE CIE Tours International
More by this Source
Save Big When You Book Early To Ireland Or Britain With CIE Tours International
Oct 21, 2013, 09:46 ET
Love Blooms Like An Irish Rose On A CIE Tours International Getaway
Aug 28, 2013, 12:25 ET
Visit Blarney Castle And Kiss The Stone With CIE Tours
Jun 24, 2013, 16:16 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.