SÃO PAULO, Aug. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A. ("GLAI"), (BM&FBOVESPA: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), (S&P: CCC, Fitch: CC and Moody's: Caa3), Brazil's largest air transportation and travel services group, with annual revenues of R$10 billion, announces today preliminary air traffic figures for the month of July 2016 and the year-to-date. Comparisons refer to the same period of 2015.
- The volume of seats available for sale in the total system presented a 22.0% decrease in the month of July, when compared to July 2015. In the year to date, the decline was of 15.5% over the same period of 2015.
- The reduction of the volume of departures was 22.3% and 15.6% in the month and in 2016, respectively.
- The domestic capacity followed the adjustment trend with a reduction of 6.7% in July and 6.4% in the year to date, when compared to the same periods of 2015.
- The domestic demand fell by 6.8% in the month, leading the load factor to 84.3%, remaining stable in the previous year. In 2016, the load factor was 77.9%, with a decrease of 8.2% in demand when compared to the same period of 2015.
- In the international market in July, the capacity and demand fell by 16.7% and 17.9%, respectively, when compared to the same month in 2015. The load factor went to 75.4%, representing a decrease of 1.1 p.p. In the year to date, the capacity and the demand fell by 15.8% and 12.5%, respectively, leading to an increase of 2.8 p.p in the load factor when compared to the same period of the previous year, reaching 74.3%.
Phone: +55 (11) 2128-4700
About GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A.
Brazil's largest air transportation and travel services group, with annual revenues in excess of R$10 billion, with three main businesses: passenger transportation, cargo transportation and coalition loyalty program. GOL is Latin America's largest low-cost and low-fare carrier, operating approximately 860 daily flights to 65 destinations, being 13 international in South America and the Caribbean. GOLLOG is the cargo transportation and logistics business serving more than 3,000 Brazilian municipalities and, through partners, 90 international destinations in 47 countries. SMILES is one of the largest coalition loyalty programs in Latin America, with over 11 million registered participants, allowing clients to accumulate miles and redeem tickets for more than 700 locations worldwide. GLAI shares are traded on BM&FBOVESPA (GOLL4) and NYSE (GOL), GLAI has the following ratings CCC (Standard & Poor's), CC (Fitch) and Caa3 (Moody's).
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gol-announces-preliminary-air-traffic-results-for-the-month-of-july-2016-300312892.html
SOURCE GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A.