Gold Eagle Engine Answerman, Bobby Cleveland Shares Time and Money Saving Tips for Fall/Winter Storage in New How-to Videos
Seasonal Engine Preparation, Engine Expert Shows Proper Techniques
CHICAGO, Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With summer coming to an end, most Americans will soon bid farewell to their boats, convertibles and warm-weather outdoor equipment and start prepping their cars and snow blowers for the cold season ahead. But, what most aren't looking forward to is the actual process of getting this completed. In fact, a survey conducted by Gold Eagle® Co. ("Gold Eagle"), an industry pioneer of aftermarket fluids and additives and maker of STA-BIL®, HEET®, START YOUR ENGINES!® and 303® Products, found that 97 percent of Americans with engine equipment know that properly storing their items in the offseason will actually help them run at optimal performance when they take them out of storage next season. However, almost 75 percent of those surveyed encounter issues when they take items out after storing them—which means they aren't taking the appropriate steps when they put away their machinery in the first place.
To help consumers prepare for everything from getting their convertible cars, boats and small engine equipment ready for storage to prepping their cars for the colder weather, Gold Eagle and the Gold Eagle Engine Answerman, Bobby Cleveland, share some helpful time and money-saving tips videos to help ensure that consumers are prepared for the cold temperatures. The video collection focuses on key topics, including:
- Boating: How to make sure your boat is properly stored for winter. VIEW VIDEO
- Bobby shares tips on how to clean your boat inside and out and how to properly store your boat, so it starts up come spring.
- Automotive and Outdoor Power Equipment: How to properly prepare your summer cars and outdoor equipment for storage. VIEW VIDEO
- Bobby shares insight on how to properly prepare your automobiles and outdoor equipment for storage. Including, cleaning the main elements and topping off key fluids.
- Winter Car Care: How to make sure your car is prepared for dropping temperatures. VIEW VIDEO
- Bobby shares a checklist of items to assess, including the tires, wiper blades, air battery and fluid levels.
"Engines are the heart of almost every piece of machinery and if not properly maintained can cause major issues," said Bobby Cleveland, Gold Eagle Engine Answerman. "On average, we found that consumers spend up to $300* yearly fixing problems that could have been avoided if they took the proper steps to prepare their engines and equipment for the elements. Our new how-to videos share tips and simple steps you should take to help keep your cars, boats and small engine equipment in great shape, while keeping your money in your wallet."
Gold Eagle has a full line up of products to help keep engines running at their best this season and year-round, including:
- STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer
- America's top selling fuel stabilizer keeps fuel fresh for quick, easy starts after storage
- Protects engine from gum, varnish, rust and corrosion
- Prolongs engine life
- Marine Formula STA-BIL®
- America's #1 Selling Marine Fuel Additive Brand!
- Prevents corrosion from moisture & water attraction
- Improves marine engine performance YEAR-ROUND, not just for seasonal storage
- #1 selling Brand of premium gas-line antifreeze
- Cleans fuel injectors and carburetors and removes water from fuel system
- Designed for year round use in all 2-cycle and 4-cycle gas & diesel engines
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- 303® Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner
- Ideal for cleaning indoor and outdoor fabrics, upholstery, carpeting and vinyl
- Non-toxic, biodegradable and rinses residue free
- 303® Aerospace Protectant
- Regular use gives 100% Prevention of UV caused slow-fade
- No other "protectant" beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long
- Treated surfaces are resistant to dust, soiling, and staining, and it is water repellant
- Keeps UV-sensitive materials "like new" year after year
To learn more or find a nearby retailer carrying Gold Eagle products, please visit www.goldeagle.com.
*According to the Gold Eagle Engine Survey conducted in Feb. 2012
About Bobby Cleveland, Gold Eagle Engine Answerman
Cleveland shares his engine knowledge as Gold Eagle's Engine Answerman. As a former technician and riding lawn-mower designer, he shares his experience and advice with consumers on how they can obtain greater performance out of all things motor—from power sport vehicles and classic cars to household power equipment such as weedwackers and lawnmowers. Hear more from Bobby in his blog On the Road with the Engine Answerman.
About Gold Eagle Co.
For 80 years, Gold Eagle® Co. has been an industry pioneer in the production and distribution of aftermarket fluids and additives. We create products that help preserve, protect and enhance the performance of engines everywhere. We are a leader in the product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of branded engine performance and maintenance chemicals. Privately held and headquartered in Chicago, Gold Eagle Co. is the manufacturer of leading brands, including STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer, HEET® Gas-Line Antifreeze, NO LEAK® Treatments, 104+® Octane Boost, Start Your Engines!®, DieselPower!® Diesel Additives, 303® Aerospace Protectant and 303® Fabric Guard. To view our complete line of Gold Eagle products or learn more about the Company, please visit http://www.goldeagle.com or "like" our Gold Eagle Co., STA-BIL, Start Your Engines! or Engine Answerman pages on Facebook. For product questions, please call us at 800-621-1251 or follow us on Twitter @GoldEagleHelp.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names, including STA-BIL®, HEET®, Start Your Engines! ®, NO LEAK®, ALUMASEAL®, Gold Eagle®, DieselPower! ®, Golden Touch®, 104+®, Cool Rides Online®, 303® Aerospace Protectant and 303® Fabric Guard used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Gold Eagle Co. The aforesaid families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Gold Eagle Co. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Gold Eagle Co.
SOURCE Gold Eagle Co.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.