Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake to Hold Donation Drive in Clarksville
BALTIMORE, Sept. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, the local non-profit that helps prepare people to secure and retain employment and build successful independent lives, has announced they will be holding a donation drive at The River Hill Garden Center in Clarksville, MD on Saturday, September 22, 2012.
The donation trailer will be located in The River Hill Garden Center parking lot from nine a.m. until five p.m. next Saturday. Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake is encouraging local residents to clean out their homes of unwanted clothing and household items that are no longer of use, including books, toys, furniture and electronics and to bring them to the trailer on this day.
River Hill Garden Center is located at 12165 Clarksville Pike in Clarksville, MD. For those who wish to donate, but are unable to make it on September 22, Goodwill has several other retail and donation locations in the Howard County area, including:
Retail and Donation Locations:
- Columbia: 7351 Assateague Drive, Jessup, MD 20794. Sun-Sat 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Snowden River: 9097 Snowden River Parkway, Columbia, MD 21046. Sun-Sat 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Attended Donation Centers:
- Alpha Ridge: 2350 Marriottsville Road, Marriottsville, MD 21104. 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month from 8:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Columbia Mall: 10300 Little Patuxent Parkway, Columbia, MD 21044. Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Dorsey Search: 4725 Dorsey Hall Drive, Ellicott City, MD 21042. Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Kings Contrivance: 8640 Guilford Road, Columbia, MD 21046. Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Donation Box Locations:
- Owen Brown Childcare: 9270 Homespun Drive, Columbia MD 21045
- Dorsey Emmanuel UMC: 6951 Dorsey Road, Elkridge, MD 21075
- Fort Knox Storage: 9597 Berger Road, Columbia, MD 21049
- Dancel Family Center Y of Central MD: 4331 Montgomery Road, Ellicott City, MD 21043
By donating and shopping at Goodwill, consumers help fund job training and placement programs for those with disabilities or other disadvantaging conditions. For more information, visit www.goodwillches.org or find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/BmoreGoodwill.
About Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake:
For 93 years, Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc. has helped others help themselves. Revenue generated from the sale of donated goods funds job training, job placement and other human services for people who are unemployed or face other challenges to employment, including people with significant disabilities. Annually, Goodwill provides services to more than 25,000 people in need of assistance because of physical, mental or other social barriers, and places approximately 2,300 in jobs, giving them "Not a charity, but a chance." For more information, visit www.goodwillches.org.
Director of Marketing
410-837-1800 ext 175
SOURCE Goodwill Industries of the Chesapeake, Inc.