MILWAUKEE, Oct. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As they begin their 13th year of covering Black Friday online, the deal hunters at GottaDeal.com have released their highly anticipated 2016 Black Friday Predictions, which provides insight into retail trends and price predictions to help shoppers save money during the busy holiday shopping season. The annual report examines industry trends as well as predictions for the most popular products on sale during Black Friday.
GottaDeal.com editors used more than a decade of Black Friday experience combined with pricing data from previous years to predict prices for products such as televisions, laptops, tablets, video games and others. They also looked at emerging products such as wearable devices.
One trend that GottaDeal.com expects to continue is the extension of Black Friday from one day into a prolonged period of promotions which should span weeks this year. While the three day period from Wednesday through Friday of Black Friday week should see the most deals, especially online, the period from early November through mid-December will see an explosion in the number of sales offered.
The report also examines the massive growth of online shopping during the week of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Not many shoppers realize that they can take advantage of sales without having to leave the house. "You are able to score around 90% of Black Friday deals online, and in many cases you can do so on Wednesday or Thursday," said GottaDeal.com owner Brad Olson.
Here are a few key excerpts from this year's predictions:
- Doorbuster deals on 42" HDTVs should be available as low as $149.
- Larger models such as 55" and 60" with smart features could see prices as low as $279.
- 4K Ultra HD models have become mainstream & the deals should reflect that this year.
- Discounts on both sizes on the iPad Pro will be offered by many retailers this year.
- Amazon.com will have great deals on their new lineup of Fire tablets.
- Bargain 15.6" laptops could show up in Black Friday ads for as low as $99.
- Upgraded models with better features and more longevity should be plentiful at $249.
- Holiday bundles for video game systems will continue to be popular this year.
- With no truly new systems this year, prices for existing consoles will plummet.
- A great lineup of new game titles will lead to very nice deals for gamers.
To view the full 2016 Black Friday Predictions report, visit http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Predictions
GottaDeal.com is dedicated to save consumers money in all aspects of their daily lives. In addition to a year-round deals site and an active community forum, each year GottaDeal.com has a dedicated Black Friday site that has been featured on CNN, Yahoo!, MSN and hundreds of other media outlets.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gottadealcom-shares-its-predictions-for-the-hottest-shopping-trends-of-black-friday-2016-300340418.html