Gov 2.0 Expo Announces First Ever Innovators Pavilion
Pavilion to Stage Forthcoming Government and Industry Technology Innovations
WASHINGTON, May 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --
- Under the Gov 2.0 vision, government should become a platform where people inside and outside government can innovate, feel empowered to participate and bring new ideas. Platforms lose their power when they fail to adapt.
- On May 25-27, Gov 2.0 Expo will become the platform where technology leaders and visionaries from government and industry will gather and share the latest innovations through its Innovators Pavilion.
- For the first time ever, the Pavilion will showcase 15 next-generation Gov 2.0 companies, such as:
- DotGov, Inc., which is a Gov 2.0 start-up company based in Seattle, will be showing how it is developing a mobile platform that provides citizens with tools to directly interact with their city in an unprecedented way.
- CiviGuard, a location-aware, smart phone optimized and cloud-based emergency communications platform, will be showing its near real-time civilian outreach.
- IdeaScale allows users to create real-time feedback communities based on the concept of crowd sourcing.
- Other companies include Semantifi, GovLive, DataPortal, Simpler Systems, Caspio, Mashery, Forio Business Simulations, Igloo Software, Limehouse Software and Twilio.
- Co-produced by O'Reilly Media, Inc. and UBM TechWeb, Gov 2.0 Expo will be held in May 25-27, 2010 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
- Gov 2.0 Expo's "Innovators Pavilion" site: http://qorv.is/kgb
- Gov 2.0 Expo full schedule: http://qorv.is/0fb
- Gov 2.0 Expo homepage: http://www.gov2expo.com
- YouTube video on "Gov 2.0, The Platform for Change" by Tim O'Reilly: http://qorv.is/1fb
Blog for Gov 2.0 Events:
RSS Feed for Gov 2.0 Events:
O'Reilly Media, Inc. spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14 million business and technology professionals actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly.
Gov 2.0 Expo, government, innovation, leaders, announcements, event, exhibitors, sponsors, technology, IT, cloud computing, security, social networks, collaboration, emerging technologies, agile government, open data, web services
SOURCE UBM TechWeb
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.