SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- O'Reilly Media, Inc. and UBM TechWeb, co-producers of the annual Web 2.0 and Gov 2.0 events, today release Gov 2.0 Summit's new lineup of industry influencers hitting the conference stage. Key federal figures join industry heavyweights like Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, Palantir, drop.io, and Slideshare to craft the future of technology policy. Celebrating this year's theme: "Opening the Door to Innovation," Gov 2.0 Summit will take place September 7-8, 2010 at the Grand Hyatt in Washington DC. For more information visit www.gov2summit.com.
The featured speakers at this year's Gov 2.0 Summit is growing and currently includes:
- Mike Alfred, Co-Founder and CEO, BrightScope
- Osama Bedier, Vice President of Platform, Mobile and New Ventures, PayPal
- Mark Bolgiano, CEO, XBRL US
- Debra Bowen, Chief Elections Officer, State of California
- Karen Cator, Director of the Office of Educational Technology, US Department of Education
- John Clippinger, Co-Director of The Law Lab, Berkman Center Harvard University
- June Cohen, Executive Producer, TED Conferences
- Elizabeth Coleman, President, Bennington College
- Jack Dangermond, Founder and President, ESRI
- Frank DiGiammarino, Deputy Coordinator for Recovery Implementation, White House
- Stacy Donohue, Director, Investments, Omidyar Network
- Dale Dougherty, Editor and Publisher, Make/O'Reilly Media
- Greg Elin, Assisting Managing Director New Media, Federal Communications Commission
- Brad Feld, Co-Creator, Startup Visa
- Sean Greene, Associate Administrator for Investment, and Special Adviser for Innovation, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Nicholas Gruen, Chairman, Government 2.0 Taskforce (Australia)
- David Hale, Project Manager, Pillbox, National Institutes of Health
- Marci Harris, CEO and Founder, TheVoxPop
- Steve Herrod, CTO and Senior Vice President of R&D, VMware
- Peter Ho, Permanent Secretary (Foreign Affairs), Singapore
- Clay Johnson, Open Government Advocate, InfoVegan.com
- Thomas Kalil, Deputy Director for Policy , White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Steve Killelea, Chairman and Founder, Institute for Economics and Peace
- Peter Levin, Senior Advisor to the Secretary and CTO, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Clare Lockhart, Co-Founder and CEO, The Institute for State Effectiveness
- Carl Malamud, President, Public.Resource.Org
- Andrew McAfee, Principal Research Scientist at the Center for Digital Business, MIT Sloan School of Management
- David McQueeney, Vice President, Technology and Strategy & CTO, IBM Federal
- Gregory Miller, Executive Director, Open Source Digital Voting Foundation
- Ellen Miller, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Sunlight Foundation
- Craig Newmark, Founder and Customer Service Rep, Craigslist
- Ory Okolloh, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Ushahdi
- Jennifer Pahlka, Founder and Executive Director, Code for America
- Todd Park, CTO, Health and Human Services
- Jules Polonetsky, Co-Chairman and Director, Future of Privacy Forum
- Dan Reed, Corporate Vice President for Technology Strategy and Policy and Extreme Computing, Microsoft
- Donna Roy, Executive Director, National Information Exchange Model, Department of Homeland Security
- John Seely Brown, Independent Co-Chairman , Deloitte Center for the Edge
- Jim Shelton, Assistant Deputy Secretary, Innovation and Improvement, U.S. Department of Education
- Kathy Sierra, Author, Blogger, Creating Passionate Users, Creating Passionate Users
- Bryan Sivak, Chief Technology Officer, Government of the District of Columbia
- Indu Subaiya, Co-Founder, Health 2.0
- Jim Traficant, Vice President and Senior Executive Account Manager, Healthcare Solutions, Government Communications Systems Division, Healthcare Solutions, Government Communications Systems Division
- Padmasree Warrior, Chief Technology Officer, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Harlan Yu, Graduate Student, Princeton University
Gov 2.0 Summit presents "Opening the Door to Innovation" as this year's event theme. The entire program is dedicated to learning about the latest technology and its application, and breaking down the barriers to its adoption. Innovators from government and the private sector will come together to highlight technology and ideas that can be applied to the nation's great challenges in areas as diverse as education, health care, energy, jobs, and financial reform. Gov 2.0 Summit will uncover unique opportunities to rethink how government agencies perform their mission and serve citizens.
Modeled after UBM TechWeb and O'Reilly's Web 2.0 Summit, the Gov 2.0 Summit will be limited in size, and focused on strategy and networking. The format will be a two-day executive-level conference featuring insightful on-stage interviews with senior officials and executives, ground-breaking case studies and networking events. Additional information on Gov 2.0 Summit content, invitation information, and promotional opportunities available at www.gov2summit.com.
Gov 2.0 Summit is an exclusive gathering of technology and government executives focused on fostering thought leadership and driving forward progress in government technology policy. The Gov 2.0 Summit is a companion event to the annual Gov 2.0 Expo.
Gov 2.0 Summit 2010 proudly presents Diamond sponsor Booz Allen Hamilton; Platinum sponsor ESRI; Gold sponsors IBM, Microsoft , and Palantir; and Silver sponsors Alfresco, Google, Intel, and Omidyar Network.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism. O'Reilly conferences bring together forward-thinking business and technology leaders, shaping ideas and influencing industries around the globe. For over 25 years, O'Reilly has facilitated the adoption of new and important technologies by the enterprise, putting emerging technologies on the map.
About UBM TechWeb
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14 million business and technology professionals (CIOs and IT managers, Web & Digital professionals, Software Developers, Government decision makers, and Telecom providers) actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly. UBM TechWeb brands includes: global face-to-face events such as Interop, Web 2.0, Black Hat and VoiceCon; award-winning online resources such as InformationWeek, Light Reading, and Network Computing; and market-leading InformationWeek, Wall Street & Technology, and Advanced Trading magazines. UBM TechWeb is a UBM company, a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb