BALTIMORE, Jan. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Governor Larry Hogan and Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake joined The Cordish Companies, local business leaders and entrepreneurs for the grand opening of Baltimore's newest collaborative workspace, Spark. Designed by Baltimore-based interior architecture firm, The Verve Partnership, Spark is ideally located within a hubzone in the Central Business District at The Offices at Power Plant Live!
"Our state has incredible research and development assets to develop new technologies and Spark Baltimore will help commercialize their ideas," said Governor Hogan. "Spark Baltimore will connect the community by providing a home base for entrepreneurs and local companies and is yet another example that Maryland is open for business."
In addition to working in inspiring space designed to attract and retain new talent, Spark members also have the flexibility to choose from various packages including Monthly Desk Memberships, Monthly Office Memberships and Annual Suite Memberships, in addition to a la carte Day Passes, Virtual Memberships and Mailbox Only Memberships. These options provide members with the ability to control their strategic growth decisions and avoid long term commitments required by traditional office offerings.
As of January 1, members of the new space include the following companies:
- Activatr: Crowd-engagement SAAS and platform that facilitates rewarding for social sharing
- Affiliate Window: Performance marketing services
- AJT Media: Leader in digital media & software development
- Avhana Health: Helps healthcare providers maximize the utility of EMRs
- Black Label: Worker-owned creative & development cooperative
- CDG Architecture: Full service general practice architectural design firm
- Deep Run Security: Provides cyber security services
- DB Technology Associates: Firm specializing in development and branding of mobile apps
- Data dog: A monitoring service for IT, Dev & Ops teams
- Early Charm Ventures: Provides business management and funding for early stage biotech startups
- eTags: Private vehicle registration service
- Fearless Solutions: Software shop that builds presentations while maximizing performance
- Four V Systems: Global leader in data analytics
- Full Society: Socially responsible restaurant payment app
- JIJ Communications: Boutique strategic communications and strategy firm
- KjHub: Provides international medical travel solutions
- Mandrel Books: Provides cutting-edge content delivery for educational institutions
- Nephila Advisors: Leading investment manager specializing in reinsurance risk
- PaRaBal: Specializes in enterprise mobile security
- R3 Strategic: Consultancy specializing in outdoor, action sports & specialty automotive industries
- Shopper Studios: Innovative market research video company
- STAQ: Provides a platform for unifying ad technology
- Strong Digital: Baltimore-based computer programming company
- Tailored Living: One of the fastest-growing brands in home improvement
- Tissue Analytics: Mobile platform for wound tracking and assessment
- UBT Technologies: Solutions for defense, government and IT modernization
- Vantage Mark Media: Baltimore based digital marketing agency
- Velaro: Award-winning live chat software for business websites
"Just as Power Plant Live! serves as a draw to bring millions of visitors downtown each year, Spark is serving in a similar function as a catalyst for young entrepreneurial individuals to start businesses in the City," said Mayor Rawlings-Blake. "The Cordish Companies shares our goal of growing Baltimore, and I am confident that this latest project will be yet another win for Baltimore."
"We are thrilled to officially announce the opening of Spark," said Beth Boots Workman, Director of Operations for Spark. "Baltimore's startup scene is quickly expanding, and Spark provides local entrepreneurs an affordable way to function, thrive and ultimately grow."
Members will be able to collaborate and enjoy top-of-the-line amenities such as:
- High-end shared kitchen
- Gourmet coffee and craft beer bar
- Relaxing lounge spaces with media wall and group activities
- Indoor bike storage facility
- On-site parking
- CrossFit gym class access
- Reliable high-speed internet
- Convenient mail service
- Well equipped conference and meeting rooms
- Multiple large event spaces with catering available
- Access to community events
- Programs for entrepreneurs and startups
- After hours meetups and networking opportunities
- Online reservation system and concierge service
Spark members are joining other early stage companies such as Hack Stone Film Group, Mission Media and Mission Tix amongst others within the Offices at Power Plant Live!, which is quickly becoming a hub for entrepreneurship and technology driven businesses.
If interested in learning more and scheduling a tour, please contact the Spark team at email@example.com.
Spark is Baltimore's newest and most collaborative coworking space for entrepreneurs, creators and innovators, located within The Offices at Power Plant Live!. Spark is an inspiring work environment, designed specifically with creators in mind and tailored to provide entrepreneurs not just what they want, but what they need. For more information about Spark or to inquire about a membership, please visit www.spark-bmore.com.
About The Cordish Companies
The Cordish Companies' origins date back to 1910 and encompass four generations of privately-held, family ownership. During the past ten decades, The Cordish Companies has grown into a global leader in Real Estate Development, Gaming & Hospitality, Entertainment Management and International Urban Planning & Development. One of the largest and most respected developers in the world, The Cordish Companies has been awarded an unprecedented seven Urban Land Institute Awards for Excellence for public-private developments that are of unique significance to the cities in which they are located. Prime examples are The Cordish Companies' prominent role in the redevelopment of Baltimore's world famous Inner Harbor; Philadelphia, PA; Atlantic City, NJ; Charleston, SC; Houston, TX; Louisville, KY; Kansas City, MO and St. Louis, MO. In addition, The Cordish Companies has developed and operates multiple highly acclaimed entertainment destinations throughout the United States which welcome over 50 million visitors per year and are the most visited destinations in their respective regions. Over the generations, The Cordish Companies has remained true to the family's core values of quality, entrepreneurial spirit, long-term personal relationships and integrity. As a testimony to the long-term vision of its family leadership, The Cordish Companies still owns and manages virtually every business it has created. For more information visit www.cordish.com or follow us on Twitter.
"The Cordish Companies," "The Cordish Company" and "Cordish" are trademarks used under license by independent corporations, legal liability companies and partnerships ("Cordish Entities"). Each Cordish Entity is a separate, single-purpose legal entity that is solely responsible for its obligations and liabilities. No common operations or financial interdependency, and no intermingling of assets or liabilities of the Cordish Entities exists, or should be deemed to exist, as a result of the potential common reference to multiple independent entities operating under the names "Cordish," "The Cordish Companies" or "The Cordish Company" here or elsewhere.
SOURCE The Cordish Companies