GOVgreen Announces Green Onsite Features
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Nov. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The GOVgreen Conference and Exposition is less than two weeks away (November 30- December 1). There's so much happening, we're sending a digest email to highlight all the exciting developments.
What's new on the show floor?
Eco-friendly Cars: There are four eVehicles to test drives—from Ford, IMPCO, FMC, and VIA.
Exhibitor Workshops: Topics covered include eVehicle infrastructure, green training, foam insulation, zero-energy fans and solar-powered trash disposal. Presented on the show floor, workshops are open to all.
Plenary Sessions are on the show floor and open to all with an exhibit pass.
- Building a Green Economy: Senior executives share how they have made sustainability a corporate priority while still maintaining a healthy bottom line. Moderated by Tom Temin, Federal News Radio, speakers are:
- Jim Gowan, Chief Sustainability Officer, Verizon
- Audrey Zibelman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Viridity Energy
- Mark Wagner, Senior Vice President, Johnson Controls
- Steve Leffin, Director of Global Sustainability, UPS
- John Frey, Americas Sustainability Executive, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Rear Admiral David W. Titley, Oceanographer and Navigator of the Navy, Director, Maritime Domain Awareness and Space
- Dr. Katharine Jacobs, Assistant Director, Climate Adaptation and Assessment, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Olga M. Dominguez, Assistant Administrator for Infrastructure and Administration, NASA
- Dr. Richard Moss, Joint Global Change Research Institute, Pacific Northwest National Lab/University of Maryland
Exhibitors: Over 160 exhibits from companies with experience in providing green products and services to the federal government and representing the key areas of facilities, energy, transportation and conservation. For a complete list, check out www.GOVgreen.org.
New Products: Located in the Extreme Green Showcase and on GOVgreen TV
Carbon Offset Pavilion: Get a high level view of how to calculate your organizations climate impact and calculate your own footprint
Education: 25 sessions, presented by 118 speakers representing 21 agencies. All qualify for learning credits from AIA and USGBC as well as agency CLP and are organized into the following tracks:
- Procurement, Contracting and Financing
- Measuring, Tracking and Reporting
- Policies, Planning and Implementation
- Workplace and Workforce
Education is FREE to federal and military professionals. Exhibit floor is FREE to everyone.
The Center for Environmental Innovation and Leadership (CEIL) is an independent organization designed to facilitate information and education exchange among government stakeholders charged with identifying, specifying, and buying green goods and services and with the vendors, contractors, and consultants that provide green goods and services. CEIL provides an interactive environment for government and industry professionals engaged in green activities that includes educational events, website, podcasts, webcasts, news and a social media. CEIL is the sponsor of GOVgreen Conference and Exposition. Learn more about CEIL at www.CEILeadership.org.
About CEIL's GOVgreen
GOVgreen Conference and Exposition (November 30 – December 1, 2011, Washington Convention Center) is the one event where government stakeholders connect to learn how to transform green policies into actionable plans and programs in order to achieve the interrelated goals of sustainability in energy, water/wastewater, facilities and transportation. Tracks for 2011 are Procurement, Contracting and Financing; Workplace and Workforce; Policies, Planning and Implementation and Measuring, Tracking and Reporting. GOVgreen's conference program is open to all and free to government and military professionals. The exhibit floor is free to all.
Contact: Ann Seltz, President
Center for Environmental Innovation and Leadership
SOURCE Center for Environmental Innovation and Leadership (CEIL)
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.