GPTMC Releases Annual Report & Announces Record Visitation
Report Also Delves Into National Travel Trends & Highlights "The Art Of Collaboration"
PHILADELPHIA, June 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) released its Greater Philadelphia Tourism 2012: Report to the Region during its fifth annual Hospitality Leaders Luncheon today, and the report reveals that the region welcomed a record 38 million domestic visitors in 2011. Themed "The Art of Collaboration," the annual report also emphasizes the importance of partnerships for the success of the tourism industry in Philadelphia.
"Collaboration drives our competitiveness as a destination," said Meryl Levitz , president and CEO of GPTMC. "And collaboration is the spirit behind our newest marketing effort, With Art Philadelphia™, an unprecedented partnership that positions Philadelphia as a must-see, must-do arts destination—as it should be."
GPTMC's 28-page annual report includes:
- Other new visitation, hotel and web stats for 2011:
- The Greater Philadelphia tourism industry generated $9.34 billion in economic impact, an increase of 7.5% from 2010.
- Visitors to Greater Philadelphia generated an economic impact of $26 million every day.
- Tourism spending supported 86,498 jobs, with a total paycheck of $2.85 billion.
- Visitors generated $315 million in tax revenue for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and $285 million for regional municipalities.
- visitphilly.com and uwishunu.com witnessed a record-breaking year in web traffic,
with 6.5 million visits, up 51% from 2010.
- A two-page section about the importance of the tourism industry nationally, as well as Philadelphia's place in the industry
- An overview of GPTMC's five-year strategic plan
- A look at GPTMC's campaign successes over the past year and a summary of its newest collaborative campaign, With Art Philadelphia™
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside® a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region's vitality.
For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit visitphilly.com or uwishunu.com, where you can build itineraries; search event calendars; see photos and videos; view interactive maps; sign up for newsletters; listen to HearPhilly, an online radio station about what to see and do in the region; book hotel reservations and more. Or, call the Independence Visitor Center, located in Historic Philadelphia, at (800) 537-7676.
SOURCE Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation
More by this Source
Record Visitation To Philadelphia In 2012
May 09, 2013, 12:15 ET
Artistas latinos engalanan los escenarios más importantes de Filadelfia
May 15, 2013, 10:00 ET
Latin Rhythms Liven Up Mainstream Philadelphia Stages This Season
May 15, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.