Gracenote Powers Leading Cloud-Based Music Services
Gracenote Data, Technologies and Lyrics Fuel User Experiences for the Internet's Most Popular Music Services
CANNES, France, Jan. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MIDEM Conference -- The world's hottest Cloud-based music services depend on Gracenote® to drive and enrich their user experiences. Powerhouses including Sony, Omnifone, PANDORA®, MOG, and Spotify are all bringing their music service customers more of the music they love by tapping into Gracenote's music data and technology.
- Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity: Sony's new Cloud-based music service, which gives music fans access to millions of songs from major and independent labels, leverages Gracenote's music metadata and MusicID® and Discover ™ technologies to allow subscribers to sync their existing songs and playlists on their PC into the service, as well as drive intelligent recommendations.
- Omnifone: Gracenote's MusicID and Discover recommendation technology is utilized by Omnifone, the leading independent provider of Cloud-based music services, across 21 countries worldwide. Omnifone provides its suite of MusicStation Platform APIs to partners to enable the rapid development and rollout of award winning Cloud-based music services across virtually any device type.
- PANDORA®: One of the world's most popular Internet radio services, with more than 75 million registered users, taps Gracenote Lyrics to enhance its award-winning music experience. The Gracenote Lyrics service—which is the largest catalog of authorized lyrics in the world--lets music fans sing along to their favorite beats.
- MOG: The "all-you-can-eat," on-demand listening service also licenses Gracenote Lyrics for hundreds of thousands of tracks from more than 30,000 music publishing catalogs, including those from the four major publishers and dozens of prominent independent publishers.
- Spotify: For London-based Spotify, Gracenote's MusicID advanced audio fingerprinting technology powers the service's Local File capabilities, which let its users mirror their existing songs into the Spotify service, allowing them to access and enjoy music they already own.
"The popularity and growth of Cloud-based music services is undeniable, and it's clear that access to unlimited legal music is the future of the digital entertainment experience," said Craig Palmer, president, Gracenote. "Our data and technology makes those experiences as fulfilling and exciting as possible, and we are pleased to be partnering with the services that are not only leading the way but setting the stage for what's next, and that see the tremendous potential for the entire music industry."
Gracenote at MIDEM
Gracenote executives will be attending MIDEM 2011. To set up a briefing please contact Veronica Skelton at 415.342.3435 or email@example.com.
A pioneer in the digital media industry, Gracenote combines information, technology, services and applications to create ingenious entertainment solutions for the global market. From media management, enrichment and discovery products to content identification technologies, Gracenote allows providers of digital media products and the content community to make their offerings more powerful and intuitive, enabling superior consumer experiences. The company's solutions integrate the broadest, deepest, and highest quality global metadata and enriched content with an infrastructure that services billions of searches a month from thousands of products used by hundreds of millions consumers. Gracenote's customers include the biggest names in the consumer electronics, mobile, automotive, software and Internet industries. The company's partners in the entertainment community include major music publishers and labels, prominent independents and movie studios. Gracenote, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, is headquartered in Emeryville, California. www.gracenote.com.
Gracenote and MusicID are registered trademarks of Gracenote, Inc. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
More by this Source
Gracenote Expands Developer Program with the Release of Video APIs
Jun 14, 2013, 08:01 ET
VUDU Teams with Gracenote to Power In-Home Disc to Digital Service
Jun 04, 2013, 08:01 ET
musiXmatch Gets Turbo Charged MusicID audio recognition from Gracenote
May 31, 2013, 03:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.