NASHVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ready, set, bake! The holidays are here and the Martha White® Holiday Muffin Mix Challenge™ has announced its award-winning recipes just in time to help make special holiday meals memorable in minutes. Bakers from across the nation were challenged to show off their creativity by submitting original recipes suitable for entertaining and using at least one pouch of Martha White Muffin Mix.
After initial judging and a nationwide online vote, Joanna C. of Whiteville, Tenn., was named Grand Prize Winner and the Crowd Pleasers Category Winner for her Peanut Butter Cup Icebox Pie. The recipe combines peanut butter, vanilla pudding and whipped cream to deliciously complement a crisp, chocolate crust made with Martha White Chocolate Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix. The pie is accented with chocolate drizzle and crushed peanut butter cups to create a decadent, holiday dessert. As Grand Prize Winner, Joanna will receive $5,000 and an additional $1,000 as the Crowd Pleasers Category Winner. The Simply 6 Category Winner will receive $1,000 and Runner-Up Winners will receive a Martha White gift basket.
2 (7.4 oz.) packages Martha White® Chocolate Chocolate Chip Flavored Muffin Mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (3.4 oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups whole milk
1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
1 (8 oz.) container of whipped topping
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 chocolate peanut butter cups, crushed
- HEAT oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine muffin mixes and butter until well combined. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- BAKE 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, WHISK pudding mix with milk according to package directions until set.
- BEAT in peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add whipped topping and fold in with a spatula until well combined.
- POUR over cookie crust. Cover and freeze one hour.
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate chips and corn syrup. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave heavy cream two minutes or until just boiling.
- POUR over chocolate chips and let stand two minutes. Whisk slowly until fully combined and thickened, and drizzle evenly over top of pie. Garnish with crushed peanut butter cups.
- COVER and refrigerate 30 minutes and up to overnight.
Makes 8 servings
Jif is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company.
"The holidays are reminiscent of wonderful times with family and friends sharing memorable and delicious holiday meals," said Linda Carman, Martha White baking expert. "We hope this year's winning recipes are perfect additions to upcoming holiday celebrations and gatherings."
For the prize-winning recipes and additional Martha White recipes, visit www.marthawhite.com. Look for the free downloadable cookbook featuring winning recipes. Join the Martha White community at www.Facebook.com/MarthaWhiteBaking and www.Pinterest.com/BakeMarthaWhite.
CONTACT: Kristin Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 615-780-3319
SOURCE Martha White