"We are thrilled to be the first North American destination to host this event," says Scott White, President & CEO of the Greater Palm Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau. "Our year-round sunshine and picturesque hills and canyons with miles of hiking and biking trails make Greater Palm Springs a mecca for wellness, and the perfect outdoor adventure destination for the acclaimed Raid Amazones."
What: 15th Edition of Raid Amazones (Amazon Race)
Where: Greater Palm Springs, California and California Desert Region
When: Monday, November 14, through Saturday, November 19
- Monday, November 14: Trek in Pioneertown Mountains Preserve
- Tuesday, November 15: Bike race in Anza Borrego Desert State Park
- Wednesday, November 16: Canoe race at Salton Sea State Recreation Area
- Thursday, November 17: Scavenger hunt in Los Angeles
- Friday, November 18: Triathlon at Lake Perris State Recreation Area and overnight camping at Joshua Tree National Park
- Saturday, November 19: Morning hike in Joshua Tree National Park and closing night Finale hosted by Visit California at DoubleTree by Hilton Golf Resort Palm Springs
Web URL: http://www.raidamazones.com/
About the Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Greater Palm Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is the official tourism agency for the entire Coachella Valley, providing sales, marketing and promotional efforts targeted to potential leisure and convention group markets. The CVB serves more than 2,000 business partners throughout Riverside County's nine-city region of Palm Springs, Desert Hot Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells, La Quinta, Indio and Coachella. For more information, visit the CVB's website at visitgreaterpalmsprings.com.
Laura Cyrille, Publicist
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/greater-palm-springs-california-serves-as-the-first-north-american-destination-for-15th-annual-raid-amazones-300359372.html
SOURCE Greater Palm Springs Convention and Visitors Bureau