GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Greatland Corporation, one of the country's leading providers of W-2 and 1099 products for business, has launched the first mobile application -- under the names W-2 & 1099 Manager and FileTaxes.com Mobile -- to manage year-end employee or contractor reporting. Users can now file 1099-MISC forms with the IRS and simultaneously have them mailed directly to recipients among other features, all from their mobile devices. The application is free and available for download from the App Store™. The W-2 & 1099 Manager / FileTaxes.com Mobile application is compatible with the iPad® and iPhone®3GS or newer versions.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) currently requires any businesses or individuals to file a 1099-MISC form for any contract or freelance worker they pay at least $600 for services – which means a lot of filings! In fact, the most recent report by the Government Accountability Office noted that 1099-MISC forms reported approximately $2.3 trillion in seasonal and contract labor wages. In turn, recipients of these forms (payees) must then report this information on their tax returns.
"This first-of-its-kind app really caters to business owners who are always on the go and often away from their offices," said Bob Nault, Greatland's CEO. "By connecting to their existing Greatland speedEfiler.com or FileTaxes.com account, users can easily add new recipients and edit information on existing forms."
- IMPORT – users can import recipient or payee information directly from their contacts into 1099-MISC or W-2 forms / fields.
- ENTER – similarly, the application lets users manually enter new recipients' information right from their phone's keypad.
- SUBMIT – users can file completed 1099-MISC forms with the federal government, while simultaneously selecting to have forms mailed directly to the recipients, all from an iPhone.
- TRACK – users can track the status of any form (1099s, W-2s) they file through the application or through Greatland's speedEfiler.com or FileTaxes.com websites.
- READ – users can access and review the official 1099-MISC form instructions
- LEARN – users have access to a wide range of FAQ's and corresponding answers to most filing questions.
Users can log in to the W-2 & 1099 Manager / FileTaxes.com Mobile with their existing speedEfiler.com or FileTaxes.com account, or create a new account right from the mobile app. Downloading the app is free, and for $4.99 per form, users' 1099-MISC forms will be e-filed with the IRS and mailed to the recipients. Because the application comes from Greatland, it is guaranteed to be highly secure, compliant with all government regulations, and will meet all federal and recipient filing deadlines.
"As a leader in W-2 and 1099 reporting for business, the Greatland team works hard to continually offer our customers advanced technology that simplifies and streamlines the process for them. Very few people want to think about wage and income reporting until they have to, and we want to be right there – literally in the palm of their hand – to make it as easy as possible," said Nault.
Greatland (www.greatland.com) is one of the country's leading providers of W-2 and 1099 products for business and accountants. Through Greatland's subsidiaries – Greatland, Nelco, FileTaxes.com and Broker Forms – the company offers an extensive array of specialized products for business: W-2 and 1099 forms and software, business checks and check writing software, presentation materials, income tax preparation supplies and software, and mortgage forms. Greatland is an employee-owned company with locations in Grand Rapids, Mich. and Green Bay, Wis. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter: @GreatlandCorp
SOURCE Greatland Corporation