"The combination of Green Hills Software's secure INTEGRITY RTOS and INTEGRITY Multivisor virtualization software and Renesas' R-Car SoCs delivers robust safety and security functions for our customers," said Masahiro Suzuki, vice president, head of Automotive Information Solution Business Division at Renesas Electronics Corporation. "Safety and security are becoming increasingly important for OEMs and Tier 1s with the rapid expansion of in-vehicle connectivity. We are pleased to deliver a safe and secure semiconductor platform together with Green Hills Software that satisfies the requirements for cockpit and ADAS."
Software developers can quick-start their development time thanks to Green Hills support of both the R-Car starter kits and Salvator-X development boards for the R-Car H3 and R-Car M3 SoCs. INTEGRITY and INTEGRITY Multivisor are integrated as well as Green Hills Software's development tools featuring the industry-leading C/C++ compilers, MULTI® integrated development environment, TimeMachine™ backward execution trace debugger, and MISRA C Adherence Checker.
The INTEGRITY RTOS and Multivisor platform for Renesas R-Car includes support for:
- Secure virtualization and separation technology allowing ISO 26262-certified application code to coexist with general-purpose code or guest operating systems with freedom from interference. The platform can monitor the health of all applications and guests in real-time.
- Highly configurable virtualization platform allowing users to seamlessly configure peripheral routing and utilization between INTEGRITY RTOS and any guest operating system, including the ability to safely share peripherals between critical tasks and general-purpose tasks or guest operating systems.
- Fully accelerated 3D graphics utilizing the PowerVR™ 3D graphics processing unit (GPU), including the capability to fully share the GPU between the host RTOS and multiple guest operating systems, all while ensuring the RTOS graphics applications have guaranteed priority for meeting functional safety requirements.
- Complete AUTOSAR-compliant application framework, allowing existing AUTOSAR software components to be seamlessly and tightly integrated, providing for maximum software re-use.
- Maximum virtualization performance utilizing hardware acceleration built into the Renesas R-Car architecture.
- Support for functional safety elements of the Renesas R-Car H3, R-Car D1 and R-Car M3 SoCs.
- Advanced software development tools including MULTI IDE, optimizing C/C++ compilers, MISRA C Adherence Checker and other integrated tools to improve code quality and efficiency.
Demonstration at CES 2017
Green Hills Software and Renesas are demonstrating eCockpit domain consolidation and reconfigurable digital instrument cluster on R-Car automotive platforms in the Green Hills Software booth, North Hall #3132 and in respective hospitality suites by appointment only.
INTEGRITY and INTEGRITY Multivisor and its comprehensive set of integrated software and hardware tools are available today for Renesas R-Car H3, R-Car D1 and R-Car M3.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the largest independent software vendor for the Internet of Things (IoT). In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY®-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL 6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.
Green Hills, the Green Hills logo, INTEGRITY, MULTI, TimeMachine and INTEGRITY Multivisor are trademarks or registered trademarks of Green Hills Software, in the U.S. and/or internationally. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/green-hills-software-to-showcase-high-assurance-platforms-for-automotive-cockpit-with-renesas-r-car-300383758.html
SOURCE Green Hills Software