Green Throttle™ Adds Hardcore Games To Its Roster With Six New Games For Arena App And Atlas Android Gaming Controller "Duke Nukem 3D," "The Bard's Tale," "Painkiller: Purgatory," "Slyon Ball" and "Suran" Coming Soon; "Freefall Tournament" Now Available for First Time on Mobile
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Green Throttle™ Games, creator of the Atlas wireless game controller and developer of the Arena app, has announced the addition of six new Android games playable within its ecosystem. Now available in the Arena for Google Play and Amazon App Store is Freefall Tournament, a multiplayer third person shooter that now allows for cross platform network play with PC users; and coming this week are "The Bard's Tale," a fantastically funny role-playing game, and "Suran," a skill-based endless runner. In addition, three popular games are in development and will be coming soon, including the classic action game "Duke Nukem," 3D action shooter "Painkiller: Purgatory HD" and arcade action game "Slyon Ball."
"Today's announcement demonstrates our commitment to bringing popular games that appeal to hardcore gamers to our platform – not just casual games," said Charles Huang, co-founder and CEO of Green Throttle Games. "We have made console-like gaming extremely accessible to mobile consumers by using the Android device they already own, and we are excited to see these new games come to life on the big screen TV."
About the Games
- The Bard's Tale ($2.99) – A full-scale massive 3D role-playing game that won Editors Choice in Google Play and has been called "the funniest game ever played" with hundreds of thousands of downloads. Embark on an adventure as the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join you in battle, heal your party, and take damage on your behalf. Developed by InXile Entertainment.
- Duke Nukem 3D (Free) – The original King of Action returns as Los Angeles is under attack by aliens intent on stealing chicks for breeding. A port of the original PC 3D Shooter, Duke Nukem 3D springs into FPS action on the Android platform dealing damage like only he can. Developed by Machineworks Northwest.
- Painkiller: Purgatory HD ($0.99) – Get ready to experience the most mind-numbing, blood-curdling 3D battles your mobile device can deliver in this intense, gripping 3D action shooter. Trapped in a dark and unwelcoming world, awaiting purification for your earthly sins, you must fight through enemy warriors as you attempt to stop the imminent Unholy War and overthrow Lucifer. Developed by Machineworks Northwest.
- Slyon Ball (Free) – Join Slyon and friends on this fun and addictive brick breaking adventure. Smash your way through over 90 levels of excitement with beautiful 3D graphics and simple controls, suitable for all ages. Developed by Slyon Studios.
- Suran (FREE) - Guide Suran, a skill-based endless runner, through 24 challenging levels with four different environments. Collect all four precious chakra stones hidden in the four worlds to crown him The Mahasuran. Developed by Kodari Games.
- FreeFall Tournament (Free) - This fast-paced team combat game brings space marine-themed third person shooter action to mobile for the first time. A team's combined skill and coordination determine the winner of this tournament game. Developed by Free Range Games.
Updates to these games with Green Throttle integration will be available from Google Play and the Amazon App Store, enabling consumers to enjoy mobile-to-TV multiplayer action through any Android device running the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (4.0.3) or newer with a video output connection. Existing players will automatically get the update and can purchase Atlas controllers from http://store.greenthrottle.com/ or on Amazon.com.
About Green Throttle Games
Green Throttle Games, Inc. is a Santa Clara, CA based company that develops high-quality, innovative games, hardware and applications for mobile devices. The company's founders Charles Huang, Matt Crowley and Karl Townsend, visionaries from the video game and mobile industries, teamed up to unlock the potential of mobile on the big screen, connecting people and platforms in a way that is simple and fun. More information about Green Throttle Games is available on the company's website at http://www.greenthrottle.com.
Green Throttle Games
SOURCE Green Throttle Games