LONDON, Oct. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Report Details
Visiongain's comprehensive new 234 page report reveals that CAPEX invested in grid-scale battery storage technologies will reach $1,107m in 2016, with rapid growth anticipated over the next ten years.
The grid-scale battery storage market is largely an emerging one, especially when compared with other energy storage systems such as the well-established pumped hydro storage (PHS). Grid-scale batteries are arriving at commercial viability, having been the subject of numerous demonstration projects. They posses numerous advantages over competing technologies, such as the precision and quality of the service they can provide to grid operators and the lack of geographical constraints experienced by technologies such as compressed air energy storage (CAES) and PHS.
The regulatory frameworks and market environments around the world are moving towards the direction of more grid-scale battery storage being deployed on the grid to perform ancillary services. Pressed by high and rising amounts of renewable energy capacity brought online each year, an increasing number of governments around the world are considering adopting new regulatory requirements favouring the commissioning of grid-scale storage systems, such as capacity payment mechanisms rewarding the best-performing back-up technologies for frequency regulation, or mandatory targets for the installation of new storage capacity. In addition to this, production costs are consistently declining due to technological improvements, gained experience and mass production.
Just as decisively, a larger wealth of performance data is becoming available each year as pilot projects are completed all around the world, providing producers, operators and prospective clients with key information on the reliability and safety of each battery technology once applied outside the laboratory. Visiongain expects the grid-scale battery storage market to grow considerably over the next ten years for grid ancillary services, peak electricity demand shaving, energy efficiency and renewable energy integration.
The Grid-Scale Battery Storage Technologies Market Report 2016-2026 report responds to your need for definitive market data:
- How will the grid-scale battery market evolve?
- The report includes transcripts of extended interviews with eight companies involved in the grid-scale battery market, who provide expert insight alongside visiongain's analysis:
- ABB Energy Storage
- AES Energy Storage
- American Vanadium
- EoS Energy Storage
- S&C Electric
- ViZn Energy
- When will the grid-scale battery market develop?
- See 111 tables, charts and graphs revealing the projected market development from 2016-2026
Which grid-scale battery application submarkets will flourish from 2016-2026?
- Forecasts for spending on grid-scale battery storage technologies worldwide, year-on-year, from 2016 to 2026, with individual breakdowns for each of the main battery technologies:
- Lithium Ion Battery Market Forecast 2016-2026
- Sodium-Based Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- Flow Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- Advanced Lead Acid Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- Other Battery Storage Technologies Market Forecast 2016-2026
The report includes analysis of each battery technology, with tables and figures provided to visualise the comparative total CAPEX on the five submarkets, plus their anticipated evolving market shares.
- Where are the regional grid-scale battery market opportunities from 2016 to 2026?
Ten-year CAPEX forecasts and analysis for the seven leading countries in the grid-scale battery storage market are included:
- The US Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- The Japanese Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- The Chinese Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- The Italian Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- The German Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- The South Korean Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- The UK Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- Rest of the World (RoW) Grid-Scale Battery Storage Market Forecast 2016-2026
- Where are the major grid-scale battery projects and programmes?
Descriptions of the major companies, agencies and research centres driving innovation in grid-scale battery technology are provided.
- What are the factors influencing grid-scale battery market dynamics?
- Research and development (R&D) strategy
- Technological issues and constraints
- Supply and demand dynamics
- Competition from new emerging product types
- New market entrants from both established manufacturers and start-ups
- Advances in product quality
- Analysis of barriers to entry
- Who are the leading grid-scale battery companies?
Examine competitive positioning, capabilities, product portfolios, R&D activity, services, focus, strategies, M&A activity, and future outlook:
- NGK Insulators Ltd
- BYD Co. Ltd
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd
- GE Energy Storage
- Tesla Motors Inc.
Who should read this report?
- Anyone within the grid scale battery storage value chain, including:
- Grid security vendors
- Battery manufacturers
- Transmission & distribution (T&D) companies
- Electricity and telecommunication cable manufactures
- Utility companies
- Heads of strategic development
- Business development managers
- Marketing managers
- Government agencies
Buy our report Grid-Scale Battery Storage Technologies Market Report 2016-2026: Capex Forecasts For Lithium-ion (Li-Poly, LFP, LTO), Flow (VRFB, Li-Air, Zn-Air, Zn-Br, PSB) , Sodium-Based (Na-S, Na-NiCl), Advanced Lead Acid and Other Batteries (Li-Air, Mg-Ion, Ni-Zn, Ni-Fe, Ni-Cd) Energy Storage Technologies (EST) For Electricity Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Grids To Optimise Off-Grid Storage of Renewable Wind, Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) / & Photo-Voltaic (PV) Energy. Avoid missing out – order our report now.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3971699/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/grid-scale-battery-storage-technologies-market-report-2016-2026-300342202.html