GridWeek Explores Smart Policy as Enabler of Smart Grid Value
-- 100+ industry-leading speakers from government, utility, and industry address smart energy policy topics, Oct. 2-4, 2012, Washington, D.C.
-- Government and regulatory speakers represent the U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. State Department, U.S. Department of Commerce, public utility commissions, and more.
WASHINGTON, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Empowered energy consumers. Renewable integration. Greater energy reliability. These Smart Grid value propositions are achieved with the right combination of technology, leadership and policy, which will be addressed at GridWeek, Oct. 2-4, 2012, in Washington, D.C.
Next week, 100+ speakers will explore how to achieve Smart Grid value – for consumers, utilities, and the environment – from an increasingly complex industry landscape. Discussions will center on Smart Grid drivers, utility business issues and opportunities, and lessons from current projects.
"The U.S. lacks a comprehensive energy policy, which is necessary to help set a unified vision for energy suppliers and energy consumers," said Suedeen Kelly, Partner, Patton Boggs . "In an election year, these policy discussions are critical to establish the framework for how political leaders should think about energy going forward. Our discussions during GridWeek will address these issues."
Policy discussions include:
- Consumers – such as Green Button and creating demand for energy information, consumer engagement through social media, and privacy in the age of Facebook and Google.
- Energy supply and the environment – including gas, renewables and the future energy system, as well as Smart Grid's role in new air-quality requirements.
- And more.
Policy discussions will be led by industry experts, including:
- Matthew T. McGuire , Director of the Office of Business Liaison, U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Susan Tierney , Managing Principal, Analysis Group.
- John Norris , Commissioner, FERC.
- Becky Harrison , CEO, GridWise Alliance.
- Bracken Hendricks, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress.
- Laurence Daniels , Assistant People's Council, D.C. Office of the People's Council.
- Nick Sinai, Senior Advisor to U.S. CTO, OSTP, the White House.
- Suedeen Kelly, Partner, Patton Boggs LLP.
- Lee Krevat , Director of Smart Grid, SDG&E.
- Jules Polonetsky , Director and Co-chair, Future of Privacy Forum.
The full speaker list is available here.
In its sixth year, GridWeek is the only national event that attracts the complete diversity of global electric-industry stakeholders to explore Smart Grid's impact on the economy, utility infrastructure, consumers, and the environment. Planned by a representative committee of 11 industry stakeholder groups, GridWeek's agenda is focused on the most pressing industry topics. www.GridWeek.com.
About Clasma, GridWeek's organizer: www.Clasma.com.
SOURCE Clasma Events
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.