GridWeek Leadership Awards to Recognize Five Smart Grid Innovators
WASHINGTON, Sept. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- An Ohio utility commissioner advocating for policy advancement and improved consumer participation in the electric power system; a utility at the forefront of strategic, end-to-end Smart Grid implementation; and an individual working to advance electric vehicle uptake, are among the five winning individuals and organizations selected to receive this year's GridWeek Leadership Awards.
The Leadership Awards will be presented at GridWeek 2011 between Sept. 13 and 15 in Washington, D.C., to the following:
- Outstanding Leadership -- Adrian Tuck, CEO of Tendril, for his global efforts to accelerate Smart Grid deployments, including his drive to develop strategic partnerships across the worldwide energy ecosystem; for his persistent advocacy work at the federal and state commission level; for his vision to help create an open, secure, standards-based Smart Grid architecture; and for his diligent, pioneering efforts to connect consumers to the Smart Grid;
- Looking Forward -- Roger Duncan, former General Manager of Austin Energy, for his work advancing electric vehicle uptake and for his efforts in initiating an advocacy campaign to demonstrate a market for plug-in hybrid vehicles;
- Strategic Solutions -- Duke Energy for implementing its strategic vision of a connected, end-to-end digital grid that gives customers choice and control, while creating a more sustainable future through renewable energy, efficiency programs and consumer initiatives;
- Deployment Learnings -- Alabama Power for diligent efforts to share key best practices from its leading Smart Grid deployment -- focused on enhanced outage management, advanced metering infrastructure and improved situational awareness to increase grid reliability, especially in a storm event;
- Policy Advancement -- Paul Centolella, Commissioner of the Public Utility Commission of Ohio, for his commitment to Smart Grid and consumer advocacy; his active membership in NARUC and the SGIP Governing Board; and his tireless and thoughtful efforts to advance applications and standards efforts aligned with a holistic Smart Grid vision.
"To advance the vision of a smarter energy future we need collaborative leaders who think creatively, take risks and develop tangible value for our society," said Anto Budiardjo, President, Clasma Events. "The winners of this year's GridWeek Leadership Awards represent these ideals and all can claim significant and tangible accomplishments that are helping drive the Smart Grid."
The selection committee for the 2011 GridWeek Leadership Awards was made up of representatives from GridWeek's 14 major partner organizations, which represent a true cross-section of the Smart Grid industry.
GridWeek 2011 will take place September 12-15 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C., www.GridWeek.com
About Clasma Events, Inc.
Clasma Events, Inc. specializes in strategic conferences at the center of the worldwide energy discussion. Focusing on Smart Grid, connectivity and the new energy economy, Clasma's major events include ConnectivityWeek, GridWeek and Grid-Interop.
Clasma, GridWeek, ConnectivityWeek and Grid-Interop are trademarks or registered trademarks of Clasma Events Inc. Other product or service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Clasma Events, Inc.