Groundbreaking CCH Axcess Wins 2013 Technology Innovation Award in Tax & Accounting Common Core for Data and Integrated Processes Gives Accounting Firms What They Need
RIVERWOODS, Ill., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The new CCH AxcessTM, the industry's only cloud-based modular tax preparation, compliance and firm management solution built from the ground up to support today's accounting firms, has just been awarded the CPA Practice Advisor's 2013 Tax & Accounting Technology Innovation Award.
CCH Axcess, introduced this year, was built to deliver on how firms want to work today, with an integrated central database that offers a single point of access to handle all tasks associated with the tax process – from return preparation and compliance to file storage and practice management. With this award-winning solution at the center of a firm, professionals can accelerate growth, optimize firm operations and advance their reputation.
"We're truly honored that the CPA Practice Advisor has recognized CCH Axcess with this award," said Karen Abramson, CCH President and CEO. "CCH Axcess offers groundbreaking productivity and accuracy gains. With integrated modules in a single solution, with a single dashboard and database, customers leveraging CCH Axcess will save thousands of hours of time on routine tasks, enabling them to offer new services and value to clients."
CCH Software Executive Vice President & GM Teresa Mackintosh, who led the launch of CCH Axcess, accepted the award for CCH. The award was presented at the 2013 California Accounting & Business Show, attended by over 1,000 tax and accounting professionals.
"With CCH Axcess, we built a solution leveraging the latest technology to give firms every advantage we could," said Mackintosh. "With our centralized database and common data, CCH Axcess delivers capabilities that have great significance for accountants ― in fact, some people have even called it the 'holy grail' for firms. To be able to do this for our customers and the profession is incredibly exciting and rewarding."
With CCH's common database, firms no longer have to update information in multiple places, across different databases. When data is updated in one place, it is populated across different applications and processes.
"When voting for the winners and finalists for the Innovation Awards, we seek out technologies that offer significant benefit to tax and accounting professionals," said CPA Practice Advisor Executive Editor, M. Darren Root, a Certified Public Accountant.
"Technology has been a driving force behind the significant advances that professionals have made in productivity, and enhancements in workflow efficiency have been at the core of this evolution," he added. "With increasingly mobile lifestyles, it is not surprising that this year's award winners and finalists are all cloud-based, since professionals have come to expect full access to their programs and data anywhere, at any time, and from whatever device they prefer to use."
CCH Axcess: At the Center of the Firm in Motion
With CCH Axcess fully available in the market today, firms with CCH Axcess have a clear competitive advantage. With groundbreaking technology, tight tax workflow integration, common data and an open platform, CCH Axcess alone offers firms the highest levels of integration, security confidence and speed. CCH Axcess delivers a cloud solution with an integrated central database that offers a single point of access to handle all tasks associated with the tax process.
The new centralized database allows users to:
- View, manage and access all functions through a common dashboard;
- Set up permissions through the administration module;
- Access document management and firm management tools; and
- Improve collaboration with clients.
CCH Axcess cloud-based modules include:
- CCH Axcess™ Tax – The heart of the streamlined, digital tax process — supporting ease of tax preparation with thousands of automatically calculating forms and schedules for federal, state, county and city entities; robust diagnostics; and a state-of-the-art electronic filing system.
- CCH Axcess™ Document – A feature-rich document management solution to electronically organize and store client source documents, achieving a true digital work environment.
- CCH Axcess™ Portal – A secure online digital storage center where clients have 24/7 access to their financial documents and the ability to collaborate with firm staff in real-time, at any time.
- CCH Axcess™ Practice – Providing a full-scale practice management system to monitor staff time, produce invoices and handle all aspects of managing firm operations with ease.
- CCH Axcess™ Workstream – The full-featured project management solution designed to streamline administrative tasks, such as tracking due dates, identifying key milestones and monitoring project status.
For More Information
About CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer
CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer (CCHGroup.com) is a leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Follow us on Twitter @CCHMediaHelp. Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
SOURCE CCH, a part of Wolters Kluwer