Growing Roster Of Athletes Turning To Amway's NUTRILITE Product Ambassador Program For Safe Supplements Efficacy and Ongoing Need for Rigid Production Controls Drive Pros to Nutrilite's NSF® Certified Products
ADA, Mich., Aug. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Amway North America recently introduced its NUTRILITE® Product Ambassador program with a growing list of professional and champion amateur athletes who endorse Amway's NUTRILITE® brand. To date, the roster includes three teams and 20 athletes, who compete nationally in a variety of sports, including Kirk Cousins, Justin Abdelkader, C.J. Watson, Ike Davis, Tyler Zeller and Omar Vizquel.
"We're proud that elite athletes and athletic organizations have made the choice to endorse the NUTRILITE brand, knowing that they can rely on dietary supplements that meet stringent, independent certification standards," said Cindy Seehase, Chief Marketing Officer of Amway North America.
Six of the NUTRILITE brand's foundational products qualify for NSF's Certified for Sport® program, which helps athletes, coaches and trainers make more informed decisions when choosing sports supplements. As part of the program, Amway provides the athletes with core Nutrilite products that are NSF Certified for Sport.
"As a professional athlete I'm constantly striving to achieve optimal health, which isn't easy for me being on the move and in a different city every few days. When I was looking at nutritional supplements to take, NUTRILITE products seemed like the perfect fit. The supplements I take are NSF-certified and the brand has been around for more than 75 years," said New York Mets first baseman Ike Davis.
The Ambassadors receive a variety of NUTRILITE products, including NUTRILITE Perfect Pack, NUTRILITE DOUBLE X® Vitamin/Mineral/Phytonutrient, NUTRILITE Daily Multivitamin, NUTRILITE Concentrated Fruits & Vegetables, NUTRILITE OCEAN ESSENTIALS® Balanced Health and NUTRILITE Valerian and Hops, all of which are NSF Certified for Sport.
Following is Amway's current list of elite athletes and athletic organizations:
- Justin Abdelkader – Professional Hockey Player (Detroit, Mich.)
- James Buescher – Motorsports Driver (Katy, Texas)
- Jason Castro – Professional Baseball Player (Houston, Texas)
- Charles Clark – Outdoor Champion Sprinter (Virginia Beach, Va.)
- Kirk Cousins – Professional Football Player (Washington, D.C.)
- Ike Davis – Professional Baseball Player (New York, N.Y.)
- Brad Evans – Professional Soccer Player (Seattle, Wash.)
- Josh Hembrough – Deaflympian Sprinter & Hurdler (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- April Homes – World-Champion Paralympian (Chula Vista, Calif.)
- Jose Iglesias – Professional Baseball Player (Detroit, MI)
- Corvey Irvin – Professional Football Player (Chicago, Ill.)
- Jessica Long – World-Champion Paralympic Swimmer (Baltimore, Md.)
- Will Middlebrooks – Professional Baseball Player (Boston, Mass.)
- Gaby Sanchez – Professional Baseball Player (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
- Kevin Siegrist – Professional Baseball Player (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Jenn Suhr – World Champion Pole Vaulter (Rochester, N.Y.)
- Omar Vizquel – Professional Baseball Coach (Seattle, Wash.)
- Jared Veldheer – Professional Football Player (Oakland, Calif.)
- CJ Watson – Professional Basketball Player (Indianapolis, IN)
- Tyler Zeller – Professional Basketball Player (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Cleveland Gladiators – Arena Football League (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Chicago Red Stars – National Women's Soccer League (Chicago, Ill.)
- Dayton Sharks – Continental Indoor Football League Team (Dayton, Ohio)
Amway North America is continuing to build its Product Ambassador program. For updated team members, visit www.amway.com/ambassadors.
NUTRILITE is the world's No. 1 selling vitamins and dietary supplements brand* offered exclusively from Amway. The NUTRILITE brand is the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest, and process plants on its own certified organic farms.* Farms are located in Washington, Mexico and Brazil.
Amway is one of the world's largest direct selling businesses. Alticor Inc., parent company of Amway, reported global sales of $11.3 billion in 2012. Founded in 1959 and based in Ada, Michigan, Amway offers consumer products and business opportunities in more than 100 countries and territories worldwide. The top-selling brands for Amway are NUTRILITE vitamin, mineral and dietary supplements, ARTISTRY® skincare and colour cosmetics, and eSpring® water treatment systems.
*Source: Euromonitor International Limited; www.euromonitor.com/amway-claims.
SOURCE Amway North America