NEW YORK, March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a new market report published by Lucintel, the future of the plastic pipe market looks good with opportunities in the potable water, wastewater supply, electrical and telecommunication, agriculture, chemical, and oil and gas sectors. The global plastic pipe market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2015 to 2020. The major growth drivers for this market are infrastructure development, rise in construction activities, replacement of aging pipelines made of traditional materials, growing population, and growing urbanization rate.
In this market, polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene, polypropylene, and other resins are used to manufacture plastic pipes. Lucintel predicts that the demand for PE (polyethylene) plastic pipes will experience the highest growth in the forecast period, supported by growing demand in the chemical sector and sewage applications. On the basis of its comprehensive research, Lucintel forecasts that the wastewater supply, agriculture, and chemical sectors are expected to show above average growth during the forecast period.
Within the plastic pipe market, potable water supply is expected to remain the largest market after wastewater supply applications. The growth of residential and commercial construction and the boom in infrastructure development are expected to spur growth for this segment over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market due to the growth in the construction and industrial sectors.
Asia Pacific and North America are expected to grow significantly by virtue of growing drainage, sewage, storm, and other wastewater supply applications, especially in China and India, due to increasing urban population and high growth in construction and infrastructure development. The growth rate of the North American plastic pipe market is driven by the growth in residential construction and replacement of traditional and aging pipelines with plastic pipes.
For market expansion, the report suggests new product development, where the unique characteristics of plastic pipes can be capitalized. Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, are the usage of anti-microbial plastic pipes to improve hygiene and replacement of traditional material pipes with eco-friendly ABS and PE plastic pipes. Mexichem SAB de CV, China LESSO Group Holdings Limited, Sekisui Chemical Co., Ltd, Formosa Plastics Group, and Advanced Drainage Systems Inc. are among the major manufacturers of plastic pipes.
Lucintel, a leading global strategic consulting and market research firm, has analyzed the global plastic pipe market by application, material type, and region and has come up with a comprehensive research report, "Growth Opportunities in Global Plastic Pipe Market 2015-2020: Trend, Forecast, and Market Analysis." The Lucintel report serves as a springboard for growth strategy, as it provides comprehensive data and an analysis on trends, key drivers, and directions. The study includes the forecast for the global packaging coating industry through 2020, segmented by application, material type, and region as follows:
By application [$ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- Potable Water Supply
- Waste Water Supply
Electrical and Telecommunication Cable Protection Pipes
- Agriculture Sector
- Chemical Sector
- Oil and Gas Sector
By material type [$ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- PVC Pipes
- PE Pipes
- PP Pipes
By region [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
To make business, investment, and strategic decisions, you need timely, useful information. This market report fulfills this core need and is an indispensable reference guide for multinational materials suppliers, product manufacturers, investors, executives, distributors, and many more that operate in this market.
Some of the features of "Growth Opportunities in Global Plastic Pipe Market 2015-2020: Trend, Forecast, and Market Analysis" include:
- Market size estimates: Global plastic pipe market size estimation in terms of volume (MT) and value ($B) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Global plastic pipe market trend (2009-2014) and forecast (2015-2020) by region, material, and application
- Segmentation analysis: Global plastic pipe market size by various application segments such as oil and gas sector, potable water supply, drainage, sewage, storm, and other wastewater supply, electrical and telecommunication cable protection pipes, agriculture sector, chemical sector in terms of value shipment. Global plastic pipe market size by various material segments such as PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride), PE (Poly ethylene), PP (Poly propylene), and others (including ABS and others) pipes in terms of value shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global plastic pipe market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different materials, applications and regions.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of plastic pipe suppliers.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the market based on Porter's Five Forces model.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03509636-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/growth-opportunities-in-global-plastic-pipe-market-2015-2020-trend-forecast-and-market-analysis-december-2015-300241421.html