CHICAGO, May 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Grubhub, the nation's leading takeout marketplace, today announced its integration with Oracle Hospitality, Oracle Hospitality, a leading provider of hardware, software, and services that allow food and beverage operators to deliver exceptional guest experiences while maximizing profitability. Restaurants using the unified system -- designed with the needs of enterprise and franchise restaurants in mind -- can now manage all of their orders, both in-house and takeout, from one device. Additionally, restaurants will be able to more efficiently staff, save time on menu updates, consolidate financials and free up space on the crowded delivery tablet counter.
Grubhub's POS integration raises the bar for in-house restaurant technology efficiency and eliminates the need to use multiple tablets, offering restaurant employees a streamlined restaurant operations experience. This means more time for staff to focus on what matters most: serving up delicious food.
"We're completely focused on creating technology that enhances the experience of our restaurant partners," said Stan Chia, Chief Operating Officer of Grubhub. "With restaurant feedback in mind, we've built integrations designed to create efficiencies for restaurateurs. These improvements will positively impact the bottom line of restaurateurs, by helping restaurant owners spend less time on management logistics and more time creating great food."
Some key benefits include:
- Improved staffing efficiencies - Streamlining restaurant management functions means restaurateurs can deliver more orders for negligible incremental labor. This leads to significant cost savings, particularly for high-volume restaurants
- Smoother restaurant operations - Managing orders and inventory directly from the POS system allows staff to focus on serving up delicious food, rather than spending time tracking orders on multiple tablets
- Save time on menu updates - Menus updated via the POS system will automatically update on Grubhub's website, and on the mobile web and apps. This offers significant time savings to restaurant employees
- Better business insights - Consolidated financial information makes balancing the books and managing tips easier and more efficient
- Fewer devices in-house - Integrating into one in-house system allows restaurant owners to reduce the amount of hardware at each restaurant, clearing the crowded counter of delivery tablets to create a more functional space
- Easily deploy delivery services across properties – With this new partnership restaurateurs can easily grow their revenues by leveraging delivery and pick up orders nationwide through Oracle Hospitality Simphony software
"Oracle Hospitality is excited to extend the functionality of our Simphony restaurant management software and MICROS POS by partnering with Grubhub," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager at Oracle Hospitality. "Together we're enabling restaurants of all sizes to easily add and scale online ordering and delivery services across their entire footprint. With Simphony supporting Grubhub orders, restaurants can easily manage the demand for delivery and in-house orders on the kitchen."
Point of sale integration is a top request from Grubhub's restaurant partners and by partnering with Oracle Hospitality, the integration will make order management easier than ever for enterprise and chain restaurants.
For more information about Grubhub's POS solutions go to get.grubhub.com
To find takeout restaurants available in your area, check out Grubhub.com. If you are interested in becoming part of the Grubhub Delivery team, please visit driver.grubhub.com. To find out how your restaurant can join Grubhub, check out get.grubhub.com. To learn more about Grubhub and its portfolio of brands, please visit newsroom.grubhub.com.
Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB) is the nation's leading online and mobile takeout food-ordering marketplace with the most comprehensive network of restaurant partners and largest active diner base. Dedicated to moving eating forward and connecting diners with the food they love from their favorite local restaurants, the company's platforms and services strive to elevate food ordering through innovative restaurant technology, easy-to-use platforms and an improved delivery experience. Grubhub is proud to work with more than 50,000 restaurant partners in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
About Oracle Hospitality
Oracle Hospitality brings 35 years of experience in providing technology solutions to food and beverage operators. We provide hardware, software, and services that allow our customers to deliver exceptional guest experiences while maximizing profitability. Our solutions include integrated point-of- sale, loyalty, reporting and analytics, inventory and labor management, all delivered from the cloud to lower IT cost and maximize business agility. For more information about Oracle Hospitality, please visit www.oracle.com/industries/hospitality/index.html
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/grubhub-and-oracle-hospitality-collaborate-to-simplify-delivery-and-online-order-management-for-restaurants-300458940.html