CHICAGO, May 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Grubhub, the nation's leading food ordering and delivery platform -- founded and headquartered in Chicago -- has expanded its turnkey delivery service to reach even more Chicagoland diners. The expansion includes Skokie, Evanston, Park Ridge and Northfield as well as extending its city coverage south to Hyde Park, and many neighborhoods in between. Diners are benefitting from the ability of Grubhub's vast, reliable driver network to deliver food from the most local favorites and top-rated restaurants in about 30 minutes. Concurrently, restaurants are benefitting from exposure to more Grubhub diners and a reliable service; they are seeing a significant increase in order volume and gross food sales.
"Chicago is where we first started testing our delivery service in 2014. Since then, we've learned a lot about how to efficiently and effectively expand our coverage while maintaining the lowest overall cost in the industry and providing fast delivery times," said Matt Maloney, CEO of Grubhub. "We're proud that we've been able to expand our delivery area to more of our hometown, bringing high-quality choices to a wider set of diners and a valuable service to our restaurant partners."
Through Grubhub's turnkey delivery service, restaurants can expand their customer base by tapping into the company's massive diner network and grow their order volume by utilizing the company's on-the-ground network of delivery drivers. The Grubhub online and mobile ordering platform connects Chicagoland diners with more than 3,000 of the best local restaurants.
With the addition of its turnkey delivery service, Grubhub is managing delivery for some of the hottest restaurants in the city and suburbs, and is growing its coverage rapidly. In March alone, Grubhub grew the number of Chicago delivery restaurant partners by nearly 30 percent, while gross food sales increased by more than 17 percent.
"We've been blown away by the volume of delivery and takeout orders we receive from Grubhub," said Andrew Figgins, co-owner of WHISK. "The delivery service is ultra-convenient. It helps us reach more customers through delivery while still being able to focus on what is important to us, which is making great brunch and great burgers."
Diners in Chicago and the suburbs now have more great delivery options to choose from, including local favorites using Grubhub's' delivery service such as:
- WHISK (West Town)
- Wyler Road (Logan Square)
- The Jibarito Stop (Pilsen)
- Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken (West Loop)
- Native Foods (Hyde Park)
Northwest Suburb Restaurants:
- Tapas Gitana (Northfield)
- Snap Kitchen (Park Ridge)
- Cream of the Crepe (Park Ridge)
- Amazing Kale Burger (Evanston)
- Boltwood (Evanston)
- Ten Mile House (Evanston)
"As we have expanded our presence across Chicagoland, Grubhub's delivery service has made it easy for us to quickly make each location available for delivery," said Elaine Krackau, public relations specialist at Snap Kitchen. "Through Grubhub's vast diner network, we're able to introduce our made from scratch, healthy take-away meals to more customers while leaving the delivery logistics to the Grubhub experts."
Grubhub delivers tremendous benefits to restaurants and diners.
Diners benefit from:
- Choice: We connect diners with the nation's largest restaurant network, which includes more than 40,000 of the best restaurants across the country.
- No Mark-Ups: We do not pad menu prices. Diners can rest assured that they are paying the same prices as if they ordered directly from the restaurant and all fees are clearly presented.
- Low Fees: We offer industry low delivery fees of $1.50- $3.00 nationwide, versus most others at more than $5.
- Transparency: We empower diners with the ability to customize and control each order to meet their dietary needs.
- Service: We take care of our diners; every order is backed by our diner-focused, 24/7 Care team.
Restaurants benefit from:
- More Orders: We drive significant order volume. Restaurants receive an average of 30 percent more takeout orders during their first year on the platform.
- Broadest Reach: We connect restaurants with our industry-leading network of more than 6.7 million diners.
- High ROI: We enable restaurants to participate on our platform with low risk and no up-front cost.
- Efficiency: We drive efficiency for restaurant partners; ordering via Seamless is 50 percent more efficient than ordering via phone.
- Competitive Commission Rates: Our industry-leading scale allows us to offer a cost-effective commission rate. Almost all restaurants using our delivery service pay a combined marketing + delivery commission that is less than 30%.
To find takeout restaurants available in your area, check out Grubhub.com. If you are interested in becoming part of the Grubhub Delivery team, please visit driver.grubhub.com. To find out how your restaurant can join Grubhub, check out get.grubhub.com. To learn more about Grubhub and its portfolio of brands, please visit http://media.grubhub.com.
Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB) is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company. Dedicated to moving eating forward and connecting diners with the food they love from their favorite local restaurants, the company's platforms and services strive to elevate food ordering through innovative restaurant technology, easy-to-use platforms and an improved delivery experience. Grubhub is proud to work with more than 40,000 restaurant partners in over 1,000 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, MenuPages, Restaurants on the Run, DiningIn and Delivered Dish.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/grubhub-expands-turnkey-delivery-service-to-chicago-suburbs-300260780.html