CHICAGO, May 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Grubhub, the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering and delivery platform, announced today that it has expanded its turnkey delivery service to the Columbus area. Through this service, restaurants in Columbus can now expand their customer base and grow their order volume by utilizing Grubhub's on-the-ground network of delivery drivers. With more restaurants offering their menus for delivery, Grubhub is able to bring a broader set of restaurant choices to diners.
Grubhub's online ordering platform has been available in Columbus since 2011 and connects Columbus area diners with more than 150 local restaurants. With the addition of Grubhub's turnkey delivery service, Columbus diners now have a growing number of new delivery options to choose from. Local favorites using this delivery service include:
"Columbus is a vibrant city with a rich cultural and culinary landscape that continues to grow every day," said Stan Chia, SVP of Operations, Grubhub. "We're thrilled to help our local restaurants partners add to that growth with the technology and services to reach more customers through delivery and bring even more excellent local choices to our diners."
Grubhub's national scale lowers the overall cost of delivery to diners, which in turn, helps encourage diner loyalty. And when Grubhub handles the delivery, restaurants can focus on making great food. The efficiency of Grubhub's delivery service, combined with great food, creates a win-win for local restaurants and diners.
"We love providing our customers with delicious food that keeps them coming back for more," said Rodrigo Castro, Owner of Phamous Philly's. "Grubhub's technology makes it easy for new and existing customers to order our mouthwatering cheesesteaks from the comfort of their home or office."
Diners benefit from:
- Choice: We connect diners with the nation's largest restaurant network, which includes more than 44,000 of the best restaurants across the country.
- No Mark-Ups: We do not pad menu prices. Diners can rest assured that they are paying the same prices as if they ordered directly from the restaurant and all fees are clearly presented.
- Low Fees: We offer industry low delivery fees nationwide, versus most other services.
- Transparency: We empower diners with the ability to customize and control each order to meet their dietary needs.
- Service: We take care of our diners; every order is backed by our diner-focused, 24/7 Care team.
Restaurants benefit from:
- More Orders: We drive significant order volume. Restaurants receive an average of 30 percent more takeout orders during their first year on the platform.
- Broadest Reach: We connect restaurants with our industry-leading network of more than 6.9 million diners.
- High ROI: We enable restaurants to participate on our platform with low risk and no up-front cost.
- Efficiency: We drive efficiency for restaurant partners; ordering via Grubhub is 50 percent more efficient than ordering via phone.
- Competitive Commission Rates: Our industry-leading scale allows us to offer a cost-effective commission rate. Almost all restaurants using our delivery service pay a combined marketing + delivery commission that is less than 30%.
Grubhub's turnkey delivery service launched in June of 2014 and has since expanded to more than 50 markets across the country. Recently, Grubhub announced relationships with a number of national chain restaurants, including Boston Market, Johnny Rocket's, California Pizza Kitchen, Veggie Grill and Panda Express.
To find takeout restaurants available in your area, check out Grubhub.com. If you are interested in becoming part of the Grubhub Delivery team, please visit driver.grubhub.com. To find out how your restaurant can join Grubhub, check out get.grubhub.com. To learn more about Grubhub and its portfolio of brands, please visit http://media.grubhub.com.
Grubhub (NYSE: GRUB) is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company. Dedicated to moving eating forward and connecting diners with the food they love from their favorite local restaurants, the company's platforms and services strive to elevate food ordering through innovative restaurant technology, easy-to-use platforms and an improved delivery experience. Grubhub is proud to work with more than 40,000 restaurant partners in over 1,000 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, MenuPages, Restaurants on the Run, DiningIn, LAbite and Delivered Dish.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/grubhub-expands-turnkey-delivery-service-to-columbus-300271788.html