MEXICO CITY, Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: AEROMEX), the largest global airline in Mexico, today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the third quarter 2013.
KEY FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE THIRD QUARTER 2013
- Grupo Aeromexico's third quarter net income reached $495 million pesos; a 17% increase year-on-year. Net margin for the quarter was 4.7%.
- Third quarter adjusted EBITDAR reached $2.17 billion pesos, with a 20.8% margin. The Company reported operating income of $834 million pesos with an 8.0% margin.
- Grupo Aeromexico's revenues reached $10.4 billion pesos in the third quarter 2013; a 0.4% increase, year-on-year. Load factor was 80.3%, an increase from the 77.1% load factor reported in 2013.
- Third quarter cost of available seat kilometers (CASK) excluding fuel decreased one percent year-over-year, representing the third consecutive quarter that CASK has decreased compared to the year prior.
- Third quarter net cash resources derived from operating activities totaled $735 million pesos. During 3Q2013, resources for $598 million pesos were spent related to investments in fixed assets. Group's cash balance as at September 30, 2013 was $2.9 billion pesos.
- Grupo Aeromexico added five new aircraft to its fleet in the third quarter 2013 (one Boeing 787-8, two Boeing 737-800, one Embraer 170 and one Embraer E175) and retired one Boeing 767-200. Grupo Aeromexico therefore maintains an operating fleet of 116 airplanes as at September 30, 2013.
- In an unprecedented event in September 2013, Grupo Aeromexico transported more than 11,000 passengers affected by Mexico's tropical storms on more than 100 flights, free of charge. Aeromexico also transported more than 145 tons of supplies, free of charge.
- The Group reached 90% On-Time Departure for the first nine months of 2013; an improvement of more than 11 percentage points compared with the same period in 2012.
To access the full text of this earnings release, please visit our Investor Relations website at: http://www.aeromexico.com/us/investor/
Grupo Aeromexico will hold its third quarter 2013 results conference call on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 11:00 am U.S. ET (10:00 am Mexico City Time). The conference call can be accessed by dialing US/International: +1 719 785-9443 or Mexico: 001 800-514 5956 and entering Call ID: 9298580.
Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains forward-looking statements regarding the Company's results and business prospects. The readers should know that the results obtained may differ from that stated on this release. Past performances do not guarantee the behavior of future performances. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any of these statements, either as a result of new information, future actions or other related events.
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. Ltd., is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. It has a fleet of Boeing 777, 767, 737 and the latest models of Embraer 145, 170 and 190. As of 2011, an important expansion plan began that includes the incorporation of 20 new planes and properties over the next 24 months. In 2012, Aeromexico announced that it signed a letter of intent to purchase 100 Boeing aircraft, 90 Boeing 737 MAX and 10 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, making it the largest investment program in Mexican aviation history.
Grupo Aeromexico operates its main hub out of Terminal 2 in the Mexico City International Airport. The Group's airlines operate more than 600 daily flights to different cities in Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central and South America, as well as Europe and Asia.
Aeromexico is a founding member of SkyTeam, the global airline alliance comprised of the following 19 airlines: Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, CSA Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia, TAROM Romanian Air Transport, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Air. SkyTeam offers all partner airline passengers a large global network with more destinations and frequencies, and improved connectivity. Passengers can accrue and redeem miles with the different partners' loyalty programs and enjoy the convenience provided at 525 airport lounges worldwide. SkyTeam offers its 552 million annual passengers more than 15,000 daily flights to 1,000 destinations in 187 countries.
SOURCE Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V.