LONDON, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The GSMA today launched GSMA Intelligence, a powerful new data and analysis resource serving the mobile industry. The online portal provides the industry's most comprehensive set of data points, covering every mobile operator in every country worldwide, alongside market insights produced by a team of experienced industry analysts and experts. The GSMA Intelligence portal is available at https://gsmaintelligence.com
"The mobile industry is one of the most dynamic and transformative technology markets ever, evolving at an unprecedented pace," said Anne Bouverot, Director General, GSMA. "This dynamism presents many opportunities and challenges for players across the mobile ecosystem and the GSMA is in a unique position to provide the intelligence and insights that organisations require to drive future growth and innovation. We're excited to be addressing this key issue with today's launch of GSMA Intelligence."
"GSMA Intelligence enables the GSMA to support strategic decision-making within the industry through the provision of credible market information and analysis," said Hyunmi Yang, Chief Strategy Officer of the GSMA. "It is critical that industry leaders have accurate and relevant information at their fingertips – the GSMA Intelligence platform will serve this need, making sense of the data and highlighting the trends that matter most for their businesses."
GSMA Intelligence offers functions tailored to all stakeholders within the mobile ecosystem, including telecom operators, vendors, internet players, vertical industries, governments and regulators, and academic institutions. It also offers new 'free-to-use' features designed to engage the billions of individual mobile users worldwide.
GSMA Intelligence centralises the GSMA's market-leading data and analysis capabilities on a single platform. It is comprised of several components:
- Data & Forecasts: GSMA Intelligence offers the definitive source of mobile operator data and forecasting, relied on by a customer base of over 800 of the world's leading mobile operators, as well as other key industry players. The datasets are the most authoritative available, widely used as a benchmark within the industry and cited by the media, providing a long-term view on the industry. With over 13 million individual data points (updated daily), the service provides coverage of the performance of all 1,140 operators and 1,153 MVNOs across 3,505 networks, 65 groups and 236 countries worldwide.
- Analysis & Insights: The GSMA Intelligence research team comprises prominent industry analysts, academics and data experts, producing regular qualitative reports across a range of industry topics that serve to tell the stories behind the numbers.
- Mobile for Development Intelligence: An open portal that tracks the economic, environmental and social impact of mobile solutions in the developing world. Its research is aimed at identifying and accelerating investment opportunities in the emerging markets to support the development of mobile services that drive significant customer benefits.
- Documents Library: The GSMA Intelligence Documents Library is an unrivalled collection of industry reports, surveys and papers, supported by an intuitive and powerful search engine. Alongside an archive of the weekly and monthly GSMA Intelligence analyst reports, the library also comprises proprietary GSMA research, as well as selected work by consulting firms and other industry bodies.
- Real-time Feed: The GSMA Intelligence 'Feed' provides market insight and data in real time as it is reported by the industry. The Feed uniquely collates contextual snippets and graphs directly sourced from mobile companies and trusted media sources, providing an instant snapshot of key industry trends, informing and enabling real-time decisions.
A basic GSMA Intelligence service is now available free of charge, offering access to the market Dashboards, which provide a 'snapshot' of every mobile market worldwide, listing the key in-market metrics and players. Also free-to-use is a new tool called the Timeline, which tracks the evolution of the mobile industry in an engaging and interactive way, providing an introduction to the industry for the billions of mobile users worldwide.
The full commercial subscription offers unrestricted access to all datasets, reports and platform features. GSMA members can access the full service at a significantly reduced rate.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning more than 220 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world's mobile operators with more than 230 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset makers, software companies, equipment providers and Internet companies, as well as organisations in industry sectors such as financial services, healthcare, media, transport and utilities. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as the Mobile World Congress and Mobile Asia Expo.
GSMA Press Office