RESTON, Va., June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is by Vinnie M. Mascarenhas, Communications Manager at GTL:
Since 1997, a decommissioned penitentiary in Wheeling, West Virginia, has played host to a unique international event for the corrections community called the "Mock Prison Riot." Scenario drills in the penitentiary's yard, prison cells, and various blocks are completed by teams of corrections officers or CERT Teams, who at times even volunteer to play the role of inmates.
This year, 21 official teams registered, and other smaller counties attended and participated to learn about the latest in corrections market technology – and GTL's Technology in Motion motor coach was positioned right in the middle of all the action.
When folks first step aboard this 40-foot demo bus, they are amazed at how GTL has brought its product suite to life. Customers and potential customers can touch, feel, and interact with our solutions as well as sit comfortably to discuss with our sales leaders how our industry-leading corrections market technology can be utilized for their purposes.
The Technology in Motion bus tour is bringing all of GTL's products and offerings directly to the corrections community with this nationwide tour. We've only just begun with more than 6,000 miles traveled, 22 tour stops under our belt, and over 1,200 customer personnel onboard – we have a lot more ground to cover and customers to meet as the tour continues across the country.
Offerings from every solution family in GTL's diverse portfolio are represented:
- Communications Solutions – encompassing Inmate Calling, Inmate Messaging, and Visitation Management
- Investigative and Intelligence Solutions – comprising Call & Voice Analysis and Data Analysis
- Payment and Deposit Solutions – including Inmate Calling Payments, Commissary & Trust Deposits, and Self-Release Payments
- Enterprise Management Solutions – such as the GTL Offender Management System (OMS)
- Inmate Services – including Education & Information, Entertainment, and Efficiency Services
- Technology, Platforms and Devices – featuring the Inspire® inmate tablet, Flex® Link multi-service unit (for inmate calling, visitation, and a host of inmate services), Payment Kiosk, Intake Kiosk, Payment Processing Station, and more
During the 2017 Mock Prison Riot, about 175 corrections customers and potential customers made their way through the motor coach. The morning began with a customer interested in piloting the GTL Inspire® inmate tablet. Another potential customer who visited the bus was unhappy with their current vendor due to frequent service outages and was looking to make a change for improved performance and more reliable security. By leading through action and paving the way for the latest technologies available in the corrections market, GTL truly stands alone as the industry leader. And we will continue, refine and promote best practices with our customer base while constantly looking forward at cutting-edge programs and technology, and always staying ahead of the industry curve.
To learn when Technology in Motion will be in a town near you click here.
If you have already had a chance to visit the TIM bus and would like to provide feedback, click here.
We will continue to keep our Technology in Motion as we tour the nation and hope to see you on the road!
Press Contact: Vinnie Mascarenhas
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gtl-technology-in-motion-tour-makes-an-impact-at-the-annual-mock-prison-riot-300470467.html