Gulf Ads Thank Gulf Senators for Passing Gulf Restoration Amendment
62 Gulf businesses, business groups, restoration advocacy groups sign ads
WASHINGTON, March 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Five Gulf state newspapers will run full-page color ads starting today thanking the nine Gulf senators who recently voted in favor of legislation to dedicate 80 percent of the Clean Water Act fines from the parties responsible for the Gulf oil spill to restoring the Gulf ecosystem and economy.
The ads features a "thank you" from 62 Gulf businesses, business groups and restoration advocacy groups to the nine Gulf senators who "led an overwhelmingly bipartisan group of 76 senators to pass the RESTORE the Gulf Coast States Act [to] help repair and strengthen the communities, businesses and environment…still suffering nearly two years after the unprecedented Gulf oil disaster."
The full-page color ads, which cost a total of $45,000, are paid for by: National Wildlife Federation, Environmental Defense Fund, National Audubon Society, Oxfam America, and Ocean Conservancy. The ads will run on the following dates in the following newspapers:
Sun., Mar. 25, Pensacola [Fla.] News Journal ad thanking Senator *Nelson
*Cosponsored and voted for RESTORE Act
** Voted for RESTORE Act
The House already has approved a similar RESTORE Act amendment sponsored by Congressman Steve Scalise (R-La.) as part of the House transportation bill.
The Gulf businesses, business groups and restoration advocacy groups signing the thank you ads include:
- Alabama Coastal Foundation
- Alabama Forest Resources Center
- Alabama Gulf Coast Area Chamber of Commerce
- Alabama Wildlife Federation
- American Shore and Beach Preservation Association
- American Shore and Beach Preservation Association – Texas Chapter
- Apalachee Land Conservancy
- Baton Rouge Audubon Society
- Biohabitats, Inc.
- Birmingham Audubon Society
- Canal Barge Company, Inc.
- Coalition to Restore Coastal Louisiana
- Coast Builders Coalition
- Coastal Bend Audubon Society
- Coastal Resiliency Coalition
- Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast
- The Conservation Fund
- Dauphin Island Bird Sanctuary
- Dredging Contractors of America
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Florida's Nature Coast Conservancy
- Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association
- Florida Wildlife Federation
- Francis M. Weston Audubon Society
- Galveston Bay Foundation
- Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC
- Greater New Orleans, Inc.
- Gulf Intracoastal Canal Association
- Gulf Restoration Network
- Gulf United Metro Business Organization
- Houston Audubon Society
- Houston Wilderness
- Keith and Schnars, P.A.
- Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation
- Land Trust Accreditation Commission
- Land Trust Alliance
- Land Trust for the Mississippi Coastal Plain
- Louisiana Restaurant Association
- Louisiana Wildlife Federation
- Mississippi Coast Audubon Society
- Mississippi Hospitality & Restaurant Association
- Mississippi Wildlife Federation
- Mobile Bay Audubon Society
- Mobile Baykeeper
- National Audubon Society
- National Parks Conservation Association
- National Wildlife Federation
- The Nature Conservancy
- New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Ocean Conservancy
- Oktibbeha Audubon Society
- Orleans Audubon Society
- Oxfam America
- Partnership for Gulf Coast Land Conservation
- South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce
- St. Bernard Parish Government
- Texas Conservation Alliance
- Tierra Resources LLC
- Weeks Bay Foundation
- Weeks Marine
- Weston Solutions, Inc.
- Women of the Storm
SOURCE Environmental Defense Fund
More by this Source
Over 100 Leading Organizations Tap EDF Climate Corps to Catalyze Energy Savings
May 21, 2013, 09:31 ET
Restoration Council Starts Critical Conversation with "Path Forward"
Jan 29, 2013, 17:57 ET
Environmental Defense Fund Project Receives California's 'Highest Environmental Honor'
Jan 23, 2013, 09:50 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.