"I hope to continue on with the success of the prior chairs by bridging the gap between technology and under-represented populations across the U.S. and abroad," said Fruda. "Our goal of launching 4,000 IT careers by 2018 is certainly achievable with the help of our program partners. I'm excited to start this journey this month, and look forward to working with the other board members over the next two years."
Tracey Welson-Rossman, chief marketing officer, Chariot Solutions, and founder, TechGirlz, ascends to be Creating IT Futures' vice chair. James Afdahl, vice president, business services and state relationship manager of GED Testing Service, remains on the board as he moves to be Creating IT Futures' immediate past chair.
"Our board members are a great asset in honing our signature IT-Ready career program and developing new launchpads for tech careers," said Charles Eaton, CEO, Creating IT Futures. "Jim's leadership as chair these past two years has been invaluable, and as we expand beyond adult-centric workforce development to STEM programs for high school and middle school students, I look forward to working with Guy, Tracey and our diverse board to leverage their in-depth expertise."
The full slate of Creating IT Futures' board includes:
- Chair Guy Fruda of Deloitte Services,
- Vice Chair Tracey Welson-Rossman of Chariot Solutions & TechGirlz,
- Secretary Todd Thibodeaux of CompTIA,
- Treasurer Brian Laffey of CompTIA,
- CEO Charles Eaton of Creating IT Futures,
- Immediate Past Chair James Afdahl of GED Testing Service,
- Director Angela Allen of A Cubed Consulting LLC,
- Director & CompTIA Board Liaison Scott Barlow of Sophos Inc.,
- Director Paul Cronin formerly of Atrion Networking Corp.,
- Director Rebekah Harvey of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and
- Director John Malonson of Raytheon.
Bios of the board members are posted at http://www.creatingitfutures.org/about-us/board.
About Creating IT Futures
Founded in 1998 by CompTIA, Creating IT Futures is a 501(c)(3) charity with the mission of helping populations under-represented in the information technology industry and individuals who are lacking in opportunity to prepare for, secure, and be successful in IT careers. Learn more at www.creatingITfutures.org.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/guy-fruda-of-deloitte-named-chair-of-creating-it-futures-300448681.html
SOURCE Creating IT Futures Foundation