SAN FRANCISCO, April 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Global hospital acquired infections diagnostics market is expected to reach USD 11.6 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc.
The global hospital acquired infections diagnostics market is projected to grow at a healthy CAGR during the period of 2015 to 2022. Factors attributing to the growth of the market are increase in the number of drug-resistant pathogens such as MRSA and C. difficile, advancing age of geriatric population, and development of technologically advanced products that offer accurate and reliable results with low turnaround time.
Another factor contributing to industry growth is the increasing demand of HAI diagnostics from middle and low income countries, further driving demand for HAI diagnostic market. Increasing awareness among healthcare workers and proposed government initiatives are further supporting industry growth. However, decline in the prevalence rate of nosocomial infections in the developed countries is likely to hinder industry growth.
The HAI diagnostics market is categorized on the basis of infection type and test type. On the basis of infection type, the market is segmented into Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), Blood Stream Infection (BSI), Surgical Site Infection (SSI), pneumonia, and others. As of 2015, the urinary tract infection segment was estimated to account for the largest share, whereas the pneumonia HAI diagnostics is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the period of 2015 to 2022.The HAI diagnostics industry is further segmented into molecular tests and other in-vitro tests. Though the molecular diagnostics segment is estimated to constitute a low share, it is anticipated to witness a lucrative growth in the next few years.
Browse full research report with TOC on "HAI Diagnostics Market Analysis By Product (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta), By End-Use (Dietary Supplements, Pharmaceuticals, Cosmetics) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hospital-acquired-infections-hai-diagnostics-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In the year 2015, North America held the largest share in the industry in terms of value. The rising awareness of HAI, application of technologically advanced products, and significant measures taken by the government to counter HAIs are some of the major factors contributing to industry growth.
- The AsiaPacific is projected to witness the highest growth in the coming years, as incidence of HAIs is on rise in the region. This market is projected to grow rapidly at the highest CAGR of around 20% during the period 2015 to 2022.
- As of 2015, the diagnostic market for UTI acquired in hospitals led the industry at a global level. On the other hand, the pneumonia segment is expected to witness the highest growth over the forecast period.
- The industry constitutes of numerous local and global players. Some key players of this market include bioMérieux, Abbott Laboratories, Roche AG, and Siemens Healthcare among others.
Grand View Research has segmented the global hospital acquired infections diagnostic market on the basis of infection type, test type, and region:
- Hospital Acquired Infections Diagnostic Infection Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Bloodstream Infections (BSI)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Surgical Site Infections (SSI)
- Hospital Acquired Infections Diagnostic Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Molecular Diagnostics Tests
- Other In-vitro Diagnostic Tests
- Hospital Acquired Infections Diagnostic Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Latin America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/point-of-care-poc-lipid-test-market
- Rubella Diagnostic Testing Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/rubella-diagnostic-testing-market
- Apoptosis Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/apoptosis-market
- Multi-Infarct Dementia Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/multi-infarct-dementia-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.