LAS VEGAS, March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hakkasan Las Vegas, the five-level culinary and nightlife mecca opening at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino this April, has unveiled the details surrounding its Grand Opening weekend, kicking off with a preview of the nightclub, Thursday, April 18. Envisioned and created by Hakkasan Ltd. and its partners at Angel Management Group, the highly anticipated venue is a bold evolution of the prestigious global restaurant brand into an all-encompassing nightlife experience.
The line-up for Hakkasan Nightclub's first three weekends, including the Preview, Grand Opening and MGM Grand's Fight weekend, consists of the premiere performances by resident DJs Tiesto and Calvin Harris, in addition to featured artists (in alphabetical order) Bingo Players, deadmau5, Hardwell, Laidback Luke, R3hab, Steve Aoki and Tommy Trash. Grand Opening weekend will culminate with a star-studded affair Saturday, April 27, hosted in partnership with GQ Magazine and featuring a full set from Calvin Harris.
Tickets go on sale Friday, March 29 at 10 a.m. PT available on hakkasanlv.com. For table reservations at the nightclub, please call 702.891.3838 or visit hakkasanlv.com. The nightclub will be open Thursday through Sunday 10 p.m. until close. Guests must be 21 years or older. Cover charges and table reservations will vary.
Hakkasan Nightclub's Line-Up Includes:
- Thursday, April 18 – deadmau5: Hakkasan Las Vegas will open its doors to an energetic performance from dance music phenomenon, deadmau5. GRAMMY-nominated deadmau5 is known for his infectious music and iconic mau5head donned during his performances. Paving the path for the electronic music era, the entertainer became the first electronic dance music artist to grace the cover of Rolling Stone in June 2012 and gave a legendary performance at the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards in 2012, marking the first-ever televised celebration of electronic music.
- Friday, April 19 – Hardwell: Lucky guests of Hakkasan's highly anticipated Preview weekend will experience a Friday night performance from Hardwell. The Dutch Big Room House producer and DJ broke into the scene in 2009 and has since produced a handful of chart-topping singles including his collaboration with Tiesto, "Zero 76," "Spaceman," and most recently his stellar track "Apollo."
- Saturday, April 20 – Bingo Players: The mayhem will continue with Bingo Players at the turntables on Saturday night. Massive electronic Dutch dance duo Bingo Players, made up of Paul Baumer & Maarten Hoogstraten, have created an international reputation through epic releases and massive touring. The two have their very own record label, home to their massive release "Cry (Just A Little)" and others, and have toured extensively with over 30 worldwide music festivals under their belts.
- Sunday, April 21 – Tommy Trash: Ending the Preview weekend with a bang will be a performance from GRAMMY Award-nominated Tommy Trash. Thomas Olsen, better known as Tommy Trash, has been rocking the charts and dance floors ever since appearing on the scene in 2006. The Electro-House DJ has created high-profile remixes for heavy hitters including Swedish House Mafia, deadmau5, Kaskade and many more.
Grand Opening Weekend
- Thursday, April 25 – Steve Aoki: Kicking off Hakkasan's Grand Opening weekend is headlining DJ Steve Aoki, who will debut the first of his six Neon Future parties that will transport guests into a futuristic world crafted by his mesmerizing electronic sounds and hard-hitting beats. The DJ, producer and California native began his musical career as founder of Dim Mak Records in 1996, which has released more than 250 records from well-known house artists including Datsik, Diplo, Laidback Luke, The Bloody Beetroots and his own collaboration with fellow DJ Tiesto.
- Friday, April 26 – deadmau5: Toronto DJ deadmau5 will take the tables once again as Hakkasan's Grand Opening weekend continues to build momentum, treating guests to his signature dance music experience.
- Saturday, April 27, Calvin Harris / GQ Magazine Event: Hakkasan resident Calvin Harris will launch at his new home Saturday night, as GQ Magazine partners with Hakkasan to host an exclusive event to celebrate the nightclub's Grand Opening. GRAMMY Award-winning Calvin Harris, who has earned multiple awards including Best Electronic Video for "Feel So Close" and Video of the Year for "We Found Love" featuring Rihanna at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards, will be behind the turntables as celebrities and guests enjoy their first Hakkasan experience.
- Sunday, April 28 - Laidback Luke: Dutch DJ Laidback Luke will close out Grand Opening weekend strong with the debut of his "Revolt" event series exclusively created for Hakkasan Las Vegas. Luke van Scheppingen, aka Laidback Luke, without a doubt is the reference point of the dance scene for thousands of clubbers these days. Blasting your speakers with blockbuster beats, stirring things up with his hybrid house styles and his unlimited energy, brightly results in both stunning live sets and ongoing anticipated studio hits. The Dutch heavy weight house master is loved all over the globe: his Super You&Me events sell out wherever it goes to and he continues to be ranked in the upper echelons of top 100 DJ lists.
MAYWEATHER VS. GUERRERO Fight Weekend at MGM Grand
- Thursday, May 2 – R3hab: Rising Dutch DJ and producer R3hab will make his Hakkasan Las Vegas debut during the club's third open weekend kicking off the highly anticipated boxing weekend featuring World Champions Floyd "Money" Mayweather and Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero. R3hab has established his name in the international dance scene in a short period of time. His producing skills and love for electronic music have made him one of the most-requested re-mixers in the dance scene right now, remixing for artists like Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Katy, Perry, Calvin Harris, Lil' Wayne, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, Sean Paul, Rihanna, Snoop Dogg and LMFAO to name a few. R3hab's original productions have also moved dance floors around the world and more than frequently get listed in Beatport's charts.
- Friday, May 3 – Tiesto: Continuing the pound for pound weekend, legendary DJ and producer Tiesto will launch his exclusive "Club Life" residency at Hakkasan Las Vegas captivating revelers with his unique and energetic sound. He has received numerous honors during his prolific music career including a GRAMMY Award-nomination, several MTV Awards, a performance at the opening ceremony of the 2004 Athens Olympic Games to an audience of billions and even a wax statue of his likeness at Madame Tussauds. With his own Sirius XM channel, a globally syndicated "Club Life" radio show and his "Club Life" iTunes artist podcast (No. 1 music podcast globally), Tiesto is a universal phenomenon. Voted "The Greatest DJ of All Time" by Mixmag in 2011, Tiesto has worked with superstars including Kanye West, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Nelly Furtado, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Goldfrapp, among others.
- Saturday, May 4 – Calvin Harris: Following the awaited blockbuster bout "MAYDAY: MAYWEATHER VS. GUERRERO" taking place at MGM Grand Garden Arena, resident DJ Calvin Harris will return for the second performance of his residency.
- Sunday, May 5 – Tiesto: Hakkasan Las Vegas resident Tiesto will wrap up Fight weekend with yet another captivating performance of his "Club Life" residency.
Hakkasan Restaurant is scheduled to open Friday, May 3. Beginning Wednesday, April 10, the restaurant will start taking reservations on hakkasan.com or by calling 702.891.7888. It will be open nightly for dinner Sunday through Thursday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. to midnight.
About Hakkasan Ltd.
Hakkasan was founded in London in 2001 and has now established itself as one of the most successful modern Chinese restaurant concepts to become a worldwide fine-dining brand. Locations include London Hanway Place, London Mayfair, Miami, Abu Dhabi, Mumbai, Dubai and New York. Owned by Abu Dhabi's property investment company Tasameem, the Hakkasan Group also operates Japanese restaurant Sake no Hana and Michelin starred dim sum restaurant Yauatcha in London, with an outpost in Mumbai. Hakkasan opened to critical acclaim, achieving a Michelin star in 2003, and was the only Chinese restaurant in Europe to receive such an accolade that year. For further details, visit www.hakkasan.com.
About Angel Management Group
Angel Management Group (AMG) has built an unrivalled reputation as a premier entertainment and nightlife company led by an executive team combining over 100 years of experience. AMG specializes in venue operations, food and beverage management, marketing, promotions, festival and arena event production as well as brand licensing, sponsorship development, public relations, talent booking and music programming. It currently handles 15 premier entertainment properties including WET REPUBLIC Ultra Pool and Hakkasan Las Vegas (opening April 2013) at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, PURE Nightclub at Caesars Palace Las Vegas, Chateau Nightclub & Gardens at Paris Las Vegas, Social House inside The Shops at Crystals at CityCenter and many more. AMG also is the entertainment and nightlife partner for Revel, a $2.4 billion beachfront resort in Atlantic City, where it opened HQ Nightclub and The Social April 2012. For more information, visit www.angelmanagementgroup.com or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
About MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
MGM Grand, a AAA Four Diamond resort, provides the ultimate Vegas experience. A variety of newly remodeled luxurious suites and standard accommodations serve every need while guests discover signature dining by celebrity chefs including Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak, Wolfgang Puck's Bar & Grill and AAA Five Diamond and Michelin three star restaurant, Joel Robuchon; world-class entertainment at the Grand Garden Arena; the astonishing KA by Cirque du Soleil; Brad Garrett's Comedy Club; Hakkasan Las Vegas Restaurant and Nightclub, a new fine dining/nightlife concept (April 2013); a pampering spa and salon; and an elaborate 380,000-square-foot, non-smoking conference center. MGM Grand is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information, visit www.mgmgrand.com or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Angel Management Group