PETERBOROUGH, England, June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Delivers 24/7 monitoring of WebSphere MQ to improve business efficiency
Halcyon Software, a global leader in multi-platform systems management software, today announced the release of the latest version of MQ Manager with an enhanced graphical user interface that improves the management of IBM WebSphere® MQ Server environments. A configurable dashboard automates the delivery of key performance and availability metrics that can be accessed by authorised personnel from any internet-enabled location using tablets, laptops, desktops and smartphones. It will help to ensure that IT resources are operating to peak efficiency, prevent business disruption and reduce the costs of managing IT infrastructures.
"Access to real-time information in a format that is highly visible and easy to understand will provide organisations with a more accurate view of the status of the whole infrastructure and minimise business risk by ensuring that the flow of data is not disrupted," commented Carole Chandler, Sales and Marketing Director at Halcyon Software. "These enhancements to MQ Manager have been developed in response to customer requests for an easy way to share information across multiple users regardless of their location."
This latest release automates the monitoring of all key components of IBM WebSphere: MQ Queue Manager, MQ Listeners, MQ Channels, MQ Queues, MQ Services, MQ Cluster Manager Status and MQ Events. It provides a dashboard overview of message queues being monitored in real-time along with other system and performance metrics. Users can customise the dashboard to meet individual business or operational requirements with a selection of dial, chart and line widgets and traffic light status displays. It provides early warnings of impending problems that could impact the business and enables users to manage their responsibilities more efficiently.
MQ Manager proactively checks for impending problems and automatically generates alerts should events such as the breaching of predetermined thresholds, 'bottlenecks' and other issues preventing data from reaching its required destination. It enables IT resources to be reallocated to maximise business efficiencies by eliminating the need for IT staff to manually check statuses. The system also gathers performance data for use in planning, analysis and reporting processes.
MQ Manager is immediately available and is quick and easy to deploy with best practice example rules already configured to monitor IBM WebSphere® MQ Server environments regardless of the destination platform. For more information visit http://www.halcyonsoftware.com/mq
- About Halcyon Software
- Halcyon helps companies prevent business disruption, increase the efficiency of their IT services and save costs. On average, Halcyon's solutions increase IT efficiency by 30 - 40 percent; for most companies this equates to significant savings and in many cases a return on investment in less than six months.
- Halcyon achieves this in three ways:
- Monitoring: Halcyon's monitoring software keeps a vigilant watch on the most critical IT systems and core applications on which business depends. IT administrators receive early warnings of any potential problems or 'bottlenecks' before they effect the organisation.
- Automating: Halcyon enables IT teams to set up 'self-corrective actions' to issues or problems to ensure that they never impact the business again. IT teams can also automate regular tasks, checks or jobs which would normally be undertaken manually. This frees up valuable resources, saves costs and helps to eliminate human error.
- Reporting: Halcyon's cloud-based reporting solution proves to management that the IT team is achieving the service levels demanded by the business or flags any issues so they can be quickly resolved.
- Halcyon's products supports enterprise class systems, including IBM i and AIX, as well as Windows and Linux platforms. With regional offices in the UK, United States and Australia, Halcyon also has a network of partners and distributors supporting territories world-wide.
Halcyon Software Limited
SOURCE Halcyon Software